Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 744/722 "Media too slow" Message  (Read 65415 times)

Offline wboswell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't call what you're wearing an outfit
    • Trey Woodruff on guitar
Re: 744/722 "Media too slow" Message
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2005, 12:17:11 PM »
what happens at 24/48? does the message show up?

Joe didnt have it come up on Saturday night....

but we did yesterday in columbia @ 24/48. 5 mins. into the damn show. as far as I'm concerned, I have NO confidence in this box right now......and that pretty much makes it a POS in my book. That's a little harsh, but so is leaving a great show with an incomplete tape after running 21's from 12th row center...or 6' split 2's fob.

and splitting two stands FOB at a City festival is no cake walk...  worrying about a looped 16 year old taking out a flimsy FOB stand holding a cmc62 and a u89i and is one thing.  Obsessively checking the machine to make sure no errors occur is another.  Both are risks, and I don't mind assuming some risk, just not both.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2005, 12:19:29 PM »
i think the only folks who are backing it up are the ones that are trying to justify the 2500 they dropped on it :P

and hard disk messages are a random thing, shorts/batts/misloads are MOST times user errors, not device errors :(

uh, no, I feel no need to justify anything....of course I could make the same argument on the flip side that those that are railing on this unit from the outside looking in are those that want to prove how they are smarter than those that bought it....but none of that is really relevant

sony portables misloading are device errors, as is the sbm1 getting to hot and shutting down, as is an audio magic cable having a short in it (all of which happened to me)....nothing I caused....

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2005, 12:21:52 PM »
i think the only folks who are backing it up are the ones that are trying to justify the 2500 they dropped on it :P

and hard disk messages are a random thing, shorts/batts/misloads are MOST times user errors, not device errors :(

uh, no, I feel no need to justify anything....of course I could make the same argument on the flip side that those that are railing on this unit from the outside looking in are those that want to prove how they are smarter than those that bought it....but none of that is really relevant

sony portables misloading are device errors, as is the sbm1 getting to hot and shutting down, as is an audio magic cable having a short in it (all of which happened to me)....nothing I caused....

lol

as is the minime spdif out being a picky pain in the balls and giving me diginoise and drops, as is me forgetting to press pause for the second set...oops, maybe not.  :P

Offline mhibbs

• Taperssection Member
  • it's all about the GA preamps
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2005, 02:27:10 PM »
I spent 5min trying to figure out why my ad1000 wouldn't lock Thurs night of Radio City.  I played w/ the input and sample rate selectors for a while, then Finally realized it wasn't ever going to lock w/ the sync source set to aes.  Felt really smart.  Luckily it was all before they came on.

mitch
Oade preamp museum curator

Offline wbrisette

• Homepage
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2005, 02:30:05 PM »
In response to the opinion that I should not expect robust file system utilities on a device like this, wrong!  A device like this should have extensive testing and recovery capabilities because it is a field device.  Unlike my sorry ass attempts to pull a decent tape, there are guys who make their living with these things and they deserve to have exceptional tools available to ensure their captures make it home.

I agree 100%. I have lost part of 1 show with the Deva and from what Zaxcom's engineers and I can figure out it was probably due to a compatibility issue with the firmware the drive was formatted with and the version I was using. I have not run into the problem before or since, so there must be something to their conclusion. On the other hand, Zaxcom took a different route with the internal hard drive. They choose to use their own disk format (MARF), which has been stable for close to 5 years now (it was the same format they used on the Deva II). The only downside is at least for a few more months I'm stuck with 4 GB partitions, so I have be very careful and watch the time. With 6 channels of audio I only get about an hour and twenty minutes of audio per partition (24/48). But they claim that will go away in a near future firmware update.

I haven't seen anybody with these issues on the 744T (at least they aren't posting to RAMPS), has anybody seen this with the 744, or has this issue been limited to firmware/722's?

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2005, 02:35:09 PM »

i def agree that it cuts down on more errors having one box. damn tho nick, youve had some bad luck it seems w/ stuff misloading and whatnot, ive been lucky, ive had ONE tape misload, and i didnt miss anything but the first song, and i cloned that off of someone at setbreak ;) and only had a power cable short on me once and it was def my spun fault :(

personally, the only reason it upsets me, is cause ideally id like to own one, and maybe once all of the kinks get worked out, i will, but im not gonna be a betatester like yinzare ;)

i mean 480>v3/722 would have to sound pretty decent, and ideally i wouldnt have to buy another box for quite sometime, 480>722 may just be the perfect match w/ a lil warm tone
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline trajhip2000

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2005, 02:57:19 PM »

I haven't seen anybody with these issues on the 744T (at least they aren't posting to RAMPS), has anybody seen this with the 744, or has this issue been limited to firmware/722's?

yep, right here (see my post on the 1st page of this thread). it happened prior to the latest firmware upgrade, but I've only run one show since, so I can't say for sure whether it's been fixed or not.

Steve

Offline BobbyHurley

• Taperssection Member
  • got a blank space where my mind should be
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2005, 03:08:04 PM »
Lil Kim Jong Il sez:  "BTW, the new firmware seems to have fixed the HD repair utility.  I ran it after the update but before a format and the old unrepairable errors were corrected this time."

Joe, is the 1st set from 4/22 completely gone? Still have the 2nd set? The 481's sans 722 on 4/23 sound sexy.
AKG C 480 B (CK61 and CK63) > Oade m248 > GAK cable > Sony M-10

Offline F.O.Bean

• Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2005, 03:18:48 PM »
Lil Kim Jong Il sez: "BTW, the new firmware seems to have fixed the HD repair utility. I ran it after the update but before a format and the old unrepairable errors were corrected this time."

Joe, is the 1st set from 4/22 completely gone? Still have the 2nd set? The 481's sans 722 on 4/23 sound sexy.

so there finally is a 480>722 tape? PLEASE someone hook me up ;D

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2005, 03:21:54 PM »

You talk it down only because you want it so bad ;-)

Sometime I need to run Joe's mod-460s into this thing.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline Joe w.

• esniper
  • Turn JB Up
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2005, 03:38:17 PM »
Lil Kim Jong Il sez:  "BTW, the new firmware seems to have fixed the HD repair utility.  I ran it after the update but before a format and the old unrepairable errors were corrected this time."

gonna check everything out tonight.
2016 National Champions
five generations with an unlocked door and a loaded burglar alarm

Offline BobbyHurley

• Taperssection Member
  • got a blank space where my mind should be
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2005, 04:07:50 PM »
Sweet, brah.

You fixed my Oade pre-amp charger like nobody's business. Light goes out when it should now.

I have your patches for yesterday that I can upload to you if you need them. I need to patch a spot in Katie - bad tape or something.
AKG C 480 B (CK61 and CK63) > Oade m248 > GAK cable > Sony M-10

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2005, 04:11:04 PM »
I need to patch a spot in Katie - bad tape or something.

wait, tapes arent perfect?? errors happen there as well?

<Yes I am being a complete smartass, and not to Wade, just in general :P >

Offline wboswell

• Don't call what you're wearing an outfit
    • Trey Woodruff on guitar
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2005, 04:29:12 PM »
Lil Kim Jong Il sez: "BTW, the new firmware seems to have fixed the HD repair utility. I ran it after the update but before a format and the old unrepairable errors were corrected this time."

too bad its a panic tape...   ??? 8) :o ::)

:P

;)

Offline F.O.Bean

• Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2005, 04:35:16 PM »

too bad its a panic tape... ??? 8) :o ::)

:P

;)

i guess it will make do, im just dying to at least hear the combo ;D

i know i diss panic sometimes, but its all in good fun, really ;)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.082 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com