Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: best recording storage bags???  (Read 5690 times)

Offline digitalcandy926

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
best recording storage bags???
« on: February 24, 2008, 01:15:11 AM »
looking for a good, small bag with ample space for a korg mr1000, mic preamp, microphones, cables and odds and ends.  I've seen a few, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my list
Re: best recording storage bags???
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 01:30:59 AM »
nova 5
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline aegert

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 07:02:00 AM »
PETROL Nuff said!

I am done with wiring photo bags for recording applications... There are great recording bags made for what we do. They have movable dividers, all Velcro capable inside.... All walls have ducts for running wires from one compartment to the next... There are extended drawstring access ports tor running mic cables out and into the bag.. there are battery compartments and snap on pouches for transmitters.. I use them for batteries... there are cable ties built on the bag for holding long mic cables that are wired into the bag.. There is a clear top yes clear so when you are outside in the elements you can see the meters though the cleat top! Or when th ebag is on the floor and the drunk trips and the beer flys!... The whole bag zips apart for easy access.. Look at the picture for the pegz 1... They all do that!  The choice is simple... 3 sizes for how ever you carry your gear... Not for stealth use! LOL

Here is the petrol PEGZ-1

Inside

Outside

Petrol PEGZ-2 My Bag

Inside

Outside

Petrol PEGZ-3

Inside

Outside

I love these bags. They are rugged as hell and are made for what we do....

Love A :D
B&k 4022's > Grace Lunatec V3 > Self Built  Neutrik/ Mogami XLR to TRS > Korg MR1000

Schoeps CMT44's > Self Built Neutrik/ Tuchel 2 ch Snake > Switchcraft Phantom to T-power Adapters > Grace Lunatec V3 > Sound Devices 722

www.motb.org

The bus came by and I got on....

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 09:45:50 AM »

Thanks for the Petrol pics - +T
hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 10:42:04 AM »
Lowepro Edit 160:

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,92397.0.html

I copied this person after seeing this setup.  Very compact and neat.  You can't go wrong with Lowepro.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline aegert

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 11:03:22 AM »
Lowepro Edit 160:

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,92397.0.html

I copied this person after seeing this setup.  Very compact and neat.  You can't go wrong with Lowepro.

Nice but you have to re wire the rig every time you run.. What happens if you are out side?

The thing I like about a real recordist bag is they are built to have the rig together and just adjust levels and record... As well they make all the rain element covers for them they are built to be in the elements and protect your gear.. they have a see through top so you can monitor levels with the bag closed... they have special battery compartments ...

Many less cable failures with my petrol as well.. Or any other pro recordist bag.. ala porta-brace

A :D
B&k 4022's > Grace Lunatec V3 > Self Built  Neutrik/ Mogami XLR to TRS > Korg MR1000

Schoeps CMT44's > Self Built Neutrik/ Tuchel 2 ch Snake > Switchcraft Phantom to T-power Adapters > Grace Lunatec V3 > Sound Devices 722

www.motb.org

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 11:26:37 AM »
looking for a good, small bag with ample space for a korg mr1000, mic preamp, microphones, cables and odds and ends.

I like what I see from the photos of the Petrol bag, but given above, this would be an absolute monster for the requirements listed, which is why I offered my Lowepro Edit 160 as a possible solution.

Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline orechall

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 12:16:42 PM »
I agree with the petrol bags being top notch...I havent found another bag as well made as they are.  I am sure the kata bags are worth looking into as well.
DPA 4023's & 4028's->Lunatec V2 /Lunatec ACM V3/Sonosax SX-M2/AETA PSP-3(x2)

Hi-Ho Silver Cables and Interconnects

Offline dennisrtyler

• Trade Count: (21)
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 12:26:01 PM »
I agree with the petrol bags being top notch...I havent found another bag as well made as they are.  I am sure the kata bags are worth looking into as well.
but what about the sideways rain? :P
4. im so abrasive i make sandpaper nervous.

Schoeps CMR/mk4 > Naiant PFA > Oade Concert Mod Marantz PMD-661

Offline digitalcandy926

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 12:33:15 PM »
First of all, thankyou.  I am semi-new to all this, so any info will help.  Second, I guess I would like to find a bag that opens both at the top and the bottom, so I can plug cables into my preamp while still having the preamp in the bag.  What do you think???

Offline aegert

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 12:54:21 PM »
The petrol bag has channels to route the wires under the pre it is the perfect solution got that.. as would a ports-brace.. I just like the features of teh petrol...

A :D

www.motb.org

Offline StuStu

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 06:45:15 PM »
I have two Petrol bags and am very pleased with both. They aren't cheap, but the quality is excellent.
MK5, MK8, MK41, KM184D, CK77, B3 ---CMD 2U XT, KC5, KCY, AKI---KCY Tinybox, Ugly BB---AETA 4MinX, PMD661 MKII, R-26, M-10, MR-1

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2008, 07:55:53 PM »
Yep I am with the Petrol bags as well, I have had Kata & PortaBrace. I feel the Petrol is the best out of all of them. Worth every penny!
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline Tim

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 08:18:12 PM »
Mountain Smith Cairn

it doesn't scream "I have thousands of dollars worth of expensive audio gear in here!"

but those Petrol bags do look very nice :)
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline aegert

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008, 08:25:21 PM »
I had a potra-brace and traded it for the petrol after seen DMcCabes.. It is the easiest to fit stuff in.. Has the best construction and padding and the routing capabilities with the battery compartments made it a slam dunk. I bought both the 2 and 3 and returned the 3 should have kept that instead of the 2.. The extra size would have been nice.. And the 2 is a big bag.. I run 2 rigs.. LOL

Tim they do look like I have $1000's of dollars in them ... And I do ROFL ;-)  It really protects them and I have to re build cables like never where I used to have to before LOL...

I really like the strap and feel loaded down it is more comfortable than the porta-brace as well...

When I first unzipped teh walls I was sold!

A ::)

www.motb.org

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.088 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com