Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How to encode .wav files to flac then burn to DVD?  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Donnie L.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
How to encode .wav files to flac then burn to DVD?
« on: July 14, 2008, 01:40:59 AM »
 Hi taper folks,

I've recently figured out how to decode flac to .wav from a DVD source.  However, I would like to learn how to encode a .wav file from my CDR to a flac file and then burn that to a DVD.  I'm using Roxio, Tapers Little Helper and Flac Frontend.  In both software that encode and decode flac, when I try to encode the .wav files to flac the software doesn't seem to find a file or folder.  I figured out that I open up the .wav files from my D drive that houses my DVD burner and then I put them into a folder anywhere but the software doesn't seem to pick it up.  I've tried using a folder , not using a folder, by raw file, etc., on desktop, on hard drive, but no avail; I've got to be doing something incorrect or simply missing a step.  I don't seem to have a problem taking the flac files from the DVD drive through roxio.  Roxio doesn't seem to support flac , it will burn a "data disc" but it wants to utliize mp3.  Also, Roxio seems to have a "custom" setting where you select mp3's and .wav files, so I hope Roxio will even burn a flac file.  I would assume data is data, but you never know how the program really works.  I have used it for mp3 conversion and it seemed to be fine, but I want to throw some stuff for vine at Dead.net, but don't want to take some killer stuff and compress it to mp3.  I would really appreciate anybody's insight to my problem or find a step by step process with either Flac Frontend or Taper's Little Helper

many thanks y'all

Donnie L.

Please forgive if I sound like a bonehead for not knowing, but there wasn't a manual with any of the shareware.

Offline rowjimmytour

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My LMA bookmarks
Re: How to encode .wav files to flac then burn to DVD?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 02:19:57 AM »
Just click data disc and drop or open your flacs inside.
Peace
http://www.archive.org/bookmarNo
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com