Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sound Forge 8 reverb  (Read 1424 times)

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Sound Forge 8 reverb
« on: February 11, 2009, 01:24:03 PM »
Hi I would like to reduce reverb in my recording...I know how to add reverb but how do I reduce reverb in a recording that has a lot of it? My recording sounds too bright like in a church hall...I want it more mellow and rounded.

Thanks
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline ghellquist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Sound Forge 8 reverb
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 02:31:53 AM »
There is no way to reduce the reverb. Once there, there it is.
What you can do, perhaps, is to reduce its effect on the recording.

If your recroding sounds too bright careful use of EQ is your friend. Play around with reducing high frequencys and you might get a better sounding result. General recommendation (there is never any general case though) is to use the EQ to reduce, not to increase.

It might as well be a good idea to cut really low frequencys, say from 30Hz and below. Generally there is nothing down there that normal speakers or headphones can reproduce anyway. Depends on which mics you used though if there is anything down there.

Reverb tails, the part sounding after the music has stopped, can often be reduced. It is at best a tedious work as you need to apply a fade out to each and every place.

// Gunnar

Offline keith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Sound Forge 8 reverb
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 04:36:55 PM »
No guarantees, but you might want to play around with an expansion effect (the opposite of compression).  Adjusted right it may knock down the level of the room reverb you are hearing.

The trick will be getting it to do that without messing up the dynamics of the parts you do want.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com