Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: looking for conversion from RGB vid. signal to s- vhs.  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Melanie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
looking for conversion from RGB vid. signal to s- vhs.
« on: April 08, 2010, 06:14:29 PM »
Having an issue with output from satelite dish company, new HD box has no s-vhs output, only RGB, HDMI, and composite. HDMI is difficult at best (from what my research shows) to pull vid from and RGB and s-vhs are incompatible on a straight connector conversion. We input into Panasonic stand alone  Hard drive/ burner with s-vhs and composite (yellowRCA). Composite has such low resolution compared to RGB or s-vhs we would hate to degrade vid. signal.  Anyone know of a stand alone unit with RGB in's and s-vhs outs?
Melanie and Bob

Offline keytohwy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: looking for conversion from RGB vid. signal to s- vhs.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 10:38:40 PM »
Having an issue with output from satelite dish company, new HD box has no s-vhs output, only RGB, HDMI, and composite. HDMI is difficult at best (from what my research shows) to pull vid from and RGB and s-vhs are incompatible on a straight connector conversion. We input into Panasonic stand alone  Hard drive/ burner with s-vhs and composite (yellowRCA). Composite has such low resolution compared to RGB or s-vhs we would hate to degrade vid. signal.  Anyone know of a stand alone unit with RGB in's and s-vhs outs?

Do you have a DVR on the box?  Is there firewire on it?  Might just be quicker to transfer to your computer.

keytohwy

Offline Melanie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 08:57:15 AM »
no dvr, just our stand alone hard drive/ dvd recorder, I'm hoping that my old pro S-VHS has a RGB input on a 24 pin setup on the back of the unit, then I can take s-vhs output, trying to avoid using computer as I'm trying not to spend $150 on a canopus conversion unit(S-VHS to firewire) just yet.. Thanks for input, I'm just amazed that there don't seem to be any RGB, s-vhs , composite conversion units available. Bob
Melanie and Bob

Offline Melanie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 05:00:46 PM »
found conversion box, if anyone needs something like this P.M. us and we'll forward the link. Bob and Melanie
Melanie and Bob

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com