Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New to Macbook Pro (Audacity, Logic, etc.)  (Read 1491 times)

Dillon

• Trade Count: (0)
New to Macbook Pro (Audacity, Logic, etc.)
« on: April 15, 2010, 08:48:02 PM »
Hi all!

I've been skimming the website for a couple of years or so now but I am new to posting.  So, Hi!

I am pretty new to taping/recording but i know my way around a computer.

I have always used a PC until just recently my gear got drenched in water and i purchased a MacBook Pro with an Apogee Duet interface.

What program (hopefully one i already have or free) should i use to just get started with basic multitrack recording of live concerts?

I have used Cool Edit Pro, i have NOT learned pro tools...

Just some basic first steps would be greatly appreciated.  I hope to tape some stuff this weekend!

Thanks!

Offline hummat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Videos in Progress or Completed
Re: New to Macbook Pro (Audacity, Logic, etc.)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 09:14:41 AM »
It's not free, but in my opinion, well worth the price. . . Logic. 

I fooled around with audacity, but just never liked it.  Moved to SoundStudio when I was a 2-channel guy.  Tried Soundtrack, which I already owned when I moved to 4-channels, but found it to be less than elegant for what I needed to do.  Picked up Logic Express (the scaled down version of Logic) because it was much cheaper.  Rolled with that for a few years, then used the upgrade path to the PRo version when v 9 was realeased.

Intuitive interface, nice set of included plugin's.  Easy to use.

-j

Offline Dkrogh

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • When is my next upgrade?
Re: New to Macbook Pro (Audacity, Logic, etc.)
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 03:03:59 PM »
I've used Audacity and never really liked it.  I got Adobe Master Collection later that year and have used Soundbooth CS4 since then and I'll be upgrading to CS5 when I can.  So I can't say much of anything else, but if you can find that Audacity works for you, great, if not get Parallels 5 and run windows to use something PC based if you are looking for something you know already and previously liked.
AKG ck63 > AKG c480b > Marantz PMD670

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com