Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DIY computer cases?  (Read 1459 times)

runonce

• Trade Count: (0)
DIY computer cases?
« on: December 17, 2010, 02:24:59 PM »
Anyone make any attempts to mount a mobo and drive in a something other than a computer case?

I just pulled 500GB drive from a DishTV DVR that some tenants abandoned.

I was looking at the DVR case - and was wondering if I could mount a mobo in there and have it look more like a traditional piece of AV equipment. (already has a nice HD mount)

I even looked at one of my old 1970s amplifiers - looked like it would fit - but obviously there would have to be some re-engineering of the mount.

I have one of these newer ZOTAC boards sitting around waiting to become a media server...I have plenty of old desktop cases for parts.(but would rather stay away from that form factor)

Anyone here do any DIY cases?

Offline bhtoque

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • So much music, so little time.
Re: DIY computer cases?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 01:11:40 AM »
Anyone make any attempts to mount a mobo and drive in a something other than a computer case?

I just pulled 500GB drive from a DishTV DVR that some tenants abandoned.

I was looking at the DVR case - and was wondering if I could mount a mobo in there and have it look more like a traditional piece of AV equipment. (already has a nice HD mount)

I even looked at one of my old 1970s amplifiers - looked like it would fit - but obviously there would have to be some re-engineering of the mount.

I have one of these newer ZOTAC boards sitting around waiting to become a media server...I have plenty of old desktop cases for parts.(but would rather stay away from that form factor)

Anyone here do any DIY cases?

No need to diy, you can get some very slick home theatre pc cases designed exactly for what you are talking about. Search newegg.com or zipzoomfly.com and you'll see something that will fit the bill.

JAson
MG 200/210/270
AKG c422>s42>Hydra silver interconnects
AKG 391/92/93>MK 90/3 actives
>AM Hyper-Conductors
Studio Projects LSD2>MiAGi II
>Edirol R-4 (Oade T Mod)

db.etree.org/bhtoque

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com