Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SonicPort Digi In Issue  (Read 1398 times)

Offline Hypnocracy

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Hypnocratic Missionary
    • Hypno on teh LMA
SonicPort Digi In Issue
« on: June 17, 2011, 01:59:57 PM »
The iRiver went down...I pressed the old Sony D8 into action to take up the slack...now I'm dumping into the computer for tracking ect...

I threw away the Windows 98 box years ago that was set up 7pin from DAT to SonicPort to Computer. Found a driver and was lucky the SonicPort kept the parameters...everything is going fine Dat>D/A>1/8 stereo analog out to the SonicPort>Computer...Nothing when I go Digi from 7pin??

Any ideas ??? I don't even know if the cable is any good but I have a new to me Oade 7pin on the way

This must be heaven -- 'cause here's where the rainbow ends
If this ain't the real thing, then it's close enough to pretend

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
Re: SonicPort Digi In Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 11:06:58 PM »
Dumb question, sorry to ask.......are you using the SPDIF output side of the 7-pin to RCA "y".......or might you be plugged into the SPDIF in?
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline Hypnocracy

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
  • Hypnocratic Missionary
    • Hypno on teh LMA
Re: SonicPort Digi In Issue
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 05:25:21 AM »
Not a dumb question...I have a hand made 7pin cable it has one RCA cable for "Play" and one for "Record"

Unless I was totally spacing I had the Play RCA Cable inserted into the SPDIF "In" on the SonicPort

I've found some old chestnuts in my DAT box that I'd lost track of and the CD's made from them years ago...John Hartford 4-1-2000 was one...I'll be mining and trying to figure this out...If not just to be sure of a backup

This must be heaven -- 'cause here's where the rainbow ends
If this ain't the real thing, then it's close enough to pretend

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com