Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Suggestions needed for Improving mono sound in post processing.  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Drgiggles1

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
Suggestions needed for Improving mono sound in post processing.
« on: November 06, 2011, 09:04:05 AM »
I was at a show friday night and sometime during the intermission my cable from the line-in on the pcmm10 disconnected itself from the preamp. When I checked levels after the first song I realized I was no longer recording. So after plugging the cable back in I saw the levels move but didn't realize until I got home that only the left channel recorded. I copy the left channel in post over the right channel and after listening would like a result that adds some fullness into it. The first half of the show sounds fantastic so I'm looking to improve the 2nd half. Any suggestions ?
Mics: CA-14 (o,c,o)
Remote Power: CA-9100 pre-amp, CA-UBB battery box
Recorders: Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-2d
Cable/s: custom 6" GAKables Mini Starquad
Batteries: Maha 9.6V Imedion, Maha Powerex 2700 mAh
Chargers: Maha MH-C9000, MAHA MH-C490F 9 Volt

Online vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
Re: Suggestions needed for Improving mono sound in post processing.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 09:18:56 AM »
Add a 5-20ms delay to one of the channels.  You'll need to play with it a bit to find the amount you prefer.  To create the delay, just delete a small segment at the beginning.  I've done this with okay results and about the best I could hope for.  There is a more comprehensive thread around here somewhere.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline strangerinusall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Suggestions needed for Improving mono sound in post processing.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 12:56:07 PM »
In case of using CEP: effects > delay effects > reverb / using one of the presets such as "tight and close" with slight adaption should work.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com