Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Ibook Recording  (Read 1500 times)

Offline lds490

• Demon_In_Disguise
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Ride the llama!
    • Music List
Ibook Recording
« on: May 10, 2004, 02:23:19 PM »
I've got a friend with an Apple Ibook who wants to use it for digital recording.  I think he is mostly interested in using it at home for jam session recordings.  He mentioned something called "Griffin Powerwave" which sounds like an A to D converter/mic pre-amp with a usb interface.  I told him not to buy anything until I consulted with TS.

Any suggestions, feedback on the Griffin Powerwave, or web links he should look at?  Thanks!
http://db.etree.org/lds490
Open: Studio Projects C-1s-> Mic2496 -> PDAudio-CF (IPAQ 5555) -> Addonics Pocket EX
Stealth: AT 831 -> Mic2496 -> PDAudio-CF (IPAQ 5555) -> IBM Microdrive

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:Ibook Recording
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 03:49:19 PM »
i dont know that unit in particular but if you are looking for a nice a/d/pre interface you might want to check out the ua-5.  price is pretty good, pre can be upgraded if you buy the original box from the oades, and its a nice sounding unit.  there are a number of other options out there, but the ua-5 works nicely with macs

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Jokell
Re:Ibook Recording
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 04:28:34 PM »
I've seen the PowerWave, but I've never heard it.  Looked interesting, but it is quite expensive for what you get (it's basically a line and mic in over USB).  If you're looking for an "all-in-one" box on the cheap, try out one of the M-Audio MobilePre USBs.  It'll at least give you XLR in with phantom power.  Again, I don't know how it sounds, but it is at least more versatile than the PowerWave (and in the same price range).

But it all depends on his budget.  If he's willing to spend a little more he can get a lot more than the PowerWave.
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com