Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: editing out crackling noise  (Read 1340 times)

Offline F0CKER

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection All-Star
editing out crackling noise
« on: June 11, 2005, 09:45:38 PM »
I recorded a show a little while back using a PDA->HD combo and I have about 24 minutes of crackling (for lack of a better description) in the recording.  Does anyone know a good way to remove the crackling noise. I've been toying with Soundforge's vinyl restoration with decent results, but wanted to throw it out to the forum for some guidance.

Help is appreciated.
Nevaton MC49 -> Sonosax SX-R4

Offline NewHomebrew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: editing out crackling noise
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 08:16:25 PM »
What does it look like and sound like?

Offline rerem

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 11:42:17 PM »
Soundforge's Click/pop remove or the Vinyl restoration-which includes a click-pop tool would be your main hope. Sounds like a cable connect problem??? The Click tools tend to work best on scratched records,on a single digi-pop. A static-buzz-crackle that has a lot of various noise bits is really hard to salvage. While Wavelab,Audition,have similar tools- they operate on similar principles and are not apt to do better than Soundforge

Offline NewHomebrew

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 06:30:06 AM »
Wavelab's waveform restore function can get you past a variety of brief (less than 50ms) hiccups with some fiddling.  There's a lot of options to nip and tuck things back to place but first you gotta hear what the problem is, esp before filtering the entire recording with a click/pop thing which can be really harmful imo.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com