Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: No audio programs will start under XP  (Read 1349 times)

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
No audio programs will start under XP
« on: July 21, 2005, 09:31:47 AM »
I've been tracking my shows with cd wav under XP..  Most recently on Tuesday.  This morning I tried to get last night's claypool show out but I'm having sudden XP problems..

The system won't recognize my plug-in USB/firewire drive (using either method).  More disturbing, none of my audio programs will start.   Including the "Sounds and Audio Devices" on the control panel.

I tried a couple of system restores but that has not helped...  Other apps like Visio still seem to work.

ALSO.. I just de-installed AVG anti-virus.  It would insist on starting updates even though I had tried to abort them by hitting cancel..  I'm guessing that software is what f'd me.

Unfortunately, there is no good cd wav like program under Linux (I've tried but wavbreaker's design just doesn't get it done).

Any suggestions short of re-load the "OS"?

Offline Busman Audio

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: No audio programs will start under XP
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 11:29:17 AM »
go to the device manager and uninstall the usb hubs then restart the computer and it will re-install them and this should do the trick.
Busman mics of all kinds>some type of busman modified recorder.

"Just Mod It"

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: No audio programs will start under XP
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 11:32:58 AM »
while in device manager, see if any other devices have yellow circles with exclamation points next to them (indicating problems/resource confilcts)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com