Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: No sound from Waveterminal 2496  (Read 1363 times)

Offline trajhip2000

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
No sound from Waveterminal 2496
« on: October 25, 2005, 01:12:21 PM »
computer problems are kicking my ass these days...

I just reinstalled my WT2496 card in my Dell and can't get any sound out of it. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers as per Egosys instructions and they are all there, Control Panel tells me they are working correctly etc - but still no sound. Any ideas?

Steve

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My show list
Re: No sound from Waveterminal 2496
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 01:25:13 PM »
if you want to play files via the WT2496, in the little "control panel window" thing, make sure that the clock is set to "internal"

after primarily using my card for DAT transfer, when I want to play music, I always forget to change this setting, because I usually have it lock onto the clock from the incoming digi-signal.  just a thought.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 01:38:00 PM »
Also, make sure your playback software is configured to use the appropriate WT2496 drivers, depending on how you're using the soundcard.  For example, if I'm running digi-out, I must make sure Foobar's set to playback via the WT2496 digi-out, i.e. Waveterminal 2496 (D).

Edit to add:  depending on the s/w you're using, you may need to perform the config in the s/w proper, but may also need to do it in the Windows Sounds applet, for Win2k:  Start | Settings | Control Panel | Sounds and Multimedia.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 10:14:09 PM »
was about to post something sort of about this.  I can not listen to 24 bit files on my pc.  my aduiophile 24/96 shows the correct sample rate and using foobar,win amp, wavelab etc I can not get any sound.  16 bit shows work just fine.  as far as I can tell everything is set correctly.  obviously it's not though.  any thoughts??
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com