Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Computer Audio Interfaces..??? Want to record the band..  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Cactus

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Sittin @ 4-5 2 in a row...WOW!!!
Computer Audio Interfaces..??? Want to record the band..
« on: November 09, 2005, 07:18:16 PM »
hey now,

ive been pondering a bit about recording with my new band and this seems to be the cheapest route. i was looking for any suggestions as far as brand and also studio software that people have had luck with. im looking at the m-audio firewire 410 that includes the software..we're a 5 piece (2 guit ,1 bass, 2 drums)and i wanted to track everyone at once if this is possible..thanks in advance
Cactus ... Cactus

Bring Back The Ugly Funk

Resident Married, Broke, And On Hiatus Taper

Offline peterbilt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Computer Audio Interfaces..??? Want to record the band..
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 07:45:46 AM »
I wouldn't suggest the 410 for this. You can only use either the xlr ins(with the pre-amps) OR the 1/4" ins on the back of the unit with the SPDIF in simulataneously. So unless you are running some sort of an A/D into the 410, it's pretty much a 2 track firewire interface. I was saddened by this as well but for what i picked mine up for I'm going to keep it anyway.

You may want to look into the Presonus Firepod, or the Tascam FW 1804. They do cost a bit more than the 410 but you would be able to run all 5 channels that you want at the same time, and both are firewire devices.

Offline THE NIZ BIAAAAACH!

• Taperssection Member
  • Mr T don't partake in no sombrero activities!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 08:26:16 PM »
I just bought a Presonus Firebox you can simultaneously record six inputs midi, two mics, two 1\4 analog inputs, and a spidif input. It comes with cubase nuendo mulitrack that is a standard in computer based multi track recording and is worth as much as the unit!  At only $299 I'm super stoked with tis unit sofar.
mk21+mk4>kc5>cmc6>portico 5012>722
24\96 in your ass bitches!

Offline Cactus

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Sittin @ 4-5 2 in a row...WOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 01:40:49 PM »
hey now,

seems like the budget is keeping me in the 300 range so i picked up the presonus firebox from musicians friend. the unit had alot of good reviews and they also threw in a pair of headphones and cubase le.? as far as drums i think im going to buy a seperate analog mixer and just run 2 channels (l&r) out of that into the firebox. i wont be able to record everyone at once but will def. give me the experience and time to save for the higher end stuff..only other option is a digital mixer and run the spdif out of that but again your talking 650 bucks min

thanks.
Cactus ... Cactus

Bring Back The Ugly Funk

Resident Married, Broke, And On Hiatus Taper

Offline THE NIZ BIAAAAACH!

• Taperssection Member
  • Mr T don't partake in no sombrero activities!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 01:04:17 AM »
good luck man
mk21+mk4>kc5>cmc6>portico 5012>722
24\96 in your ass bitches!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.134 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com