Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Marking Tracks on Soundforge question  (Read 2173 times)

Offline Ekib

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Marking Tracks on Soundforge question
« on: June 18, 2013, 04:43:31 AM »
How can I make seperate tracks on Soundforge ( or for example Nero Wave Editor ) .
I can make "marks" at any point . So from one file I can make like for example 10 seperate tracks .
The thing is , Soundforge still saves the edited file as one track . However , I want 10 seperate tracks than.
What am I doing wrong .

As always , I appreciate any help !
But I have to say, I don’t mind it. I do object when I see people sticking microphones up my nose, in the front row. If I see anyone doing that [laughs] I’m going to have security remove them. Because that’s just obnoxious. But I don’t mind if people come and discreetly at the back make a recording of it. And I know that it’s just for their own use, for the superfan.
(Steven Wilson , interview http://blog.musoscribe.com/index.php/2011/01/25/interview-steven-wilson-on-audience-taping/ )

Offline dlh

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Marking Tracks on Soundforge question
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 10:30:38 AM »
1 Insert your markers at cursor with "m" key. Be sure to insert ones at start and end.

2 Then it's Edit/Regions List/Markers to Regions

3 Then Tools/Extract Regions
480b, 460b, Line Audio CM3, SP LSD2, AT BP4025, SP C4,
MiniMe, MiniMP, AND ANNOUNCING the recent adoption of a Mini-Dac. The little bro's are SO excited  :yahoo:

DR-680, DR-100 MKII, PMD671, fr2LE, MTII

De gustibus non est disputandum.
"It's just this little chromium switch here.  You people are soo superstitious."

Offline Ekib

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 07:26:33 AM »
1 Insert your markers at cursor with "m" key. Be sure to insert ones at start and end.

What version do you have ?
It doesn't have what you were telling me . I can do the first step , but there's no regions list etc. ( step 2 and 3 ) .
I have the free SF version that came with the PCM M 10 .
But I have to say, I don’t mind it. I do object when I see people sticking microphones up my nose, in the front row. If I see anyone doing that [laughs] I’m going to have security remove them. Because that’s just obnoxious. But I don’t mind if people come and discreetly at the back make a recording of it. And I know that it’s just for their own use, for the superfan.
(Steven Wilson , interview http://blog.musoscribe.com/index.php/2011/01/25/interview-steven-wilson-on-audience-taping/ )

Offline dlh

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 09:47:12 AM »

What version do you have ?
It doesn't have what you were telling me . I can do the first step , but there's no regions list etc. ( step 2 and 3 ) .
I have the free SF version that came with the PCM M 10 .

That's from ver 10.
In ver 9:

After markers are set, it's Special/Regions List/Markers to Regions

Then, Tools/Extract Regions

Those are the only versions I have.  If that doesn't do it, search the help file for extract regions.
Perhaps the free version doesn't offer that function.

Dave
480b, 460b, Line Audio CM3, SP LSD2, AT BP4025, SP C4,
MiniMe, MiniMP, AND ANNOUNCING the recent adoption of a Mini-Dac. The little bro's are SO excited  :yahoo:

DR-680, DR-100 MKII, PMD671, fr2LE, MTII

De gustibus non est disputandum.
"It's just this little chromium switch here.  You people are soo superstitious."

Offline Ekib

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 03:11:39 AM »
Thanks for your help.
I have looked all over , manuals , help etc.
It''s just not in this version I guess.

I think I'll move over to Audacity .

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com