Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: PNY SD Cards?  (Read 4145 times)

Offline bhakti

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
PNY SD Cards?
« on: May 11, 2008, 06:37:15 AM »
hey everyone...

someone bought me a PNY SDHC Class 4 Card and i just wanted to know if anyone here knows anything about them... it was super cheap [$27] and am worried its a bit crappy... i have recorded two shows and have had no problem with it at all, i just wanted to know if anyone here has had any experience with them or heard anything about them... as i said, it seems perfectly compatible with my Edirol R-09... i did a search but only search people selling them here...

thanks in advance [and merry mothers day to all you folk out there - and remember, you are all parents of your recording gear you know!!!]  ;D

bhakti

Offline blacky

• Taperssection Newbie

Offline bhakti

• Taperssection Regular
Re: PNY SD Cards?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 04:12:57 PM »
thanks... seems like there's mixed reports, but still no probs from my side... any first hand experience from anyone here at TS.com?
thanks again blacky... +T kind man...

bhakti

Offline cybergaloot

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Poohbah!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 04:40:25 PM »
I've got some PNY SD and SDHC cards, a couple PNY thumb drives and some PNY RAM and haven't had a problem with any of it (yet at least). Neither the systems department I work for, nor I, think of PNY as a "cheap" brand or a brand to avoid. The "class 4" might give you some problems in some devices but I'd be surprised.

I have read about some devices having problems with SDHC cards over 4GB but not any particular brand over another. Read the threads on the board about the new Edirol R-44 as an example. There have been several reports of problems in that area but I don't know if it is a recorder problem or a SDHC chip problem yet.
--
Walter

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. Will Rogers

this>that>the other

Offline calvinroots

• Taperssection Regular
  • Time Will Tell
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 06:37:09 PM »
I have an SDHC 4G card from them and it has been fine for months...just used for The Cure, Radiohead, and Easy Star Allstars.  No prob's on this end bro
audio - STC-11's (card's & omni's) > CA-9100 > R-09
photog - Canon 40D, 50mm 1.8 II, 70-200 4.0 L, 28-135 kit

Offline bhakti

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 04:10:08 PM »
thanks everyone... happy to know they seem alright...
happy taping everyone...

bhakti

Offline jacobmyers

• Taperssection Regular
  • The horror!
    • Prison City Archive
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 01:15:37 PM »
PNY is what I use in my camera. But sustained writing versus taking snapshots is definitely apples/oranges. I've had no problems with pictures or movies (or getting them off the card) with my PNY card and Canon SD600 (IXUS 60).

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com