Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: sbm-1 AA runtimes...  (Read 2877 times)

Offline save

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • blah blah blah
sbm-1 AA runtimes...
« on: February 09, 2004, 11:20:43 PM »
i did a search and didn't find anything about run time on rechargeable batteries.  i have some 1800 mah rechargeables that i will be using until i get the cable made for my sla.  just curious how long i should expect my batteries to last.

thanks,
justin
save

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:sbm-1 AA runtimes...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 11:54:47 PM »
There're some rough numbers on the SBM-1s current draw in the Archival Info section.  Oughta be able to calculate your run-time using the current draw and battery capacity.  I know I used to get 4+ on 1800 mAH rechargables if I pushed it.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 12:00:02 AM »
As opposed to only 3 hours if you pulled it? ;)

Man I need some sleep.
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline save

• Taperssection All-Star
  • blah blah blah
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2004, 08:32:59 PM »
thanks brian that's just what i was hoping.  most of my shows shouldn't be over 4 hrs.

+t
save

Offline brianp

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Shows I've taped on LMA
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 10:26:57 AM »
i did a search and didn't find anything about run time on rechargeable batteries.  i have some 1800 mah rechargeables that i will be using until i get the cable made for my sla.  just curious how long i should expect my batteries to last.

thanks,
justin

I have a set of 1800's that I use in my sbm-1, and I can tell you from experience that a normal 3 hour show is pushing the limits of these batteries. I would switch them up at setbreak if you get one. Ive taped a 2hr 30min, 1 set show with these, using both 7 pins and Ive been fine. And Ive also taped a 3 hour, 2 set show using both 7 pin outs and my batteries died. The sbm1 uses a lot of juice, especially when using both outputs. To be safe I always switch batteries at setbreak.
SBD>MR>C>D>CD>EAC>SHN

cpclark

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2004, 12:48:59 PM »

thanks,
justin

I have a set of 1800's that I use in my sbm-1, and I can tell you from experience that a normal 3 hour show is pushing the limits of these batteries. I would switch them up at setbreak if you get one. Ive taped a 2hr 30min, 1 set show with these, using both 7 pins and Ive been fine. And Ive also taped a 3 hour, 2 set show using both 7 pin outs and my batteries died. The sbm1 uses a lot of juice, especially when using both outputs. To be safe I always switch batteries at setbreak.

ive had the same experience running both 1800 and 2000 mah rat shack rechargables.  2.5 hrs is about all you want to push, you might be able to get 3hrs using just the male 7pin, but 3 hrs might be the theoretical max on the sbm1 run time

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2004, 01:26:33 PM »
but 3 hrs might be the theoretical max on the sbm1 run time

I exceeded 3 hrs on a set of 1800 mAH rechargables plenty of times.  You guys cycling your NiMH batteries every so often?  Even though theoretically NiMH batts don't benefit from cycling, in practive I've found they do.

At any rate, never hurts to play it safe and swap 'em out between sets or some such.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline save

• Taperssection All-Star
  • blah blah blah
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2004, 09:51:06 PM »
thanks for the info guys.  i don't tape many jambands so 2 1/2 hrs should be good for me.  i'll just make sure i switch batteries if i tape the openers.

peace,
justin
save

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2004, 10:45:57 PM »
having made the mistake of trying to get to much time out of my rechargeables in my sbm-1 one too many times, i now carry an extra set of 4 rechargables AA's and change at an appropriate time...ie set break.

i do not like to see the sbm-1 go under 3 blips with the rechargeables, cause you aint got long on 2 blips before you are dead. two blips seems to turn into one blip real fast...at least this is my experience

conversely, my d8 lasts 5hrs  easy with one set of (4) aa rechargeables. i guess the motors on the d8 do not suck up as much juice as the sbm-1 which has to a/c and dither to 16bit.
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline -sam

• Taperssection All-Star
  • that goes double for you buddy
    • slincoln.org
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2004, 11:17:30 PM »
i do not like to see the sbm-1 go under 3 blips with the rechargeables, cause you aint got long on 2 blips before you are dead. two blips seems to turn into one blip real fast...at least this is my experience
This has been my experience as well.  Happened to me at the Flecktones.  I had taped them the previous night and didn't bother recharging the batteries in the SBM-1 because the thing was still at 4 bars.  During the first set that night it dropped down to 3, then at the start of the second, it it two then very rapidly went to jack squat. d'oh.

-sam

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com