Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: weird interference/ high frequency noise on my recordings  (Read 2274 times)

Offline johnnyrockstar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
weird interference/ high frequency noise on my recordings
« on: April 03, 2013, 11:35:10 AM »
Hi All-

I've had this issue pop up a few times.   Usually happens at a mid way thru recording a show and gets progressively worse.  There's a high frequency noise/hum that comes up and is especially noticable on quiet sections.

My guess is that it has to do with battery power (alkalines powering my DR05) or maybe the 9 volt in the CA 9100.   The other possibility is maybe cell phone interference or other electronic interference?

Check out the audio track "Dear John" (or any from that point of the show and later) to hear what I'm talking about.   Any ideas??

http://archive.org/details/bk402013-03-30

Offline LikeASong

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
    • U2start.com
Re: weird interference/ high frequency noise on my recordings
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 08:58:40 PM »
Can't listen right now - but if it gets worse and worse as the recording goes on, it's most probably a battery-related problem as you first thought. Maybe you can do a test at home with new, fresh batteries and see if the interference appears more or less at the same spot as it appears in your recording.
The worst things in the world are justified by belief.
-U2

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
-Aldous Huxley

Offline TimeBandit

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: weird interference/ high frequency noise on my recordings
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 07:47:53 AM »
the same "sign" was on my ca9100 if battery begins to die.
2015 rig: CA-11 -> CA-9100 -> PCM-M10
2016 rig: Sony PCM-M10 + SP-SPSB-4 microphone plug-in power supply +  SP-CMC8 with Low Sens mod
[backup: CA-9100 - Tascam DR-05 Firmware 2.0 + Yamaha Pocketrak W24]
video 2016: Casio EX-100 HS (same as Olympus Stylus1 - but much smaller - japan import not availiable in EU)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com