Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Split LD cards???  (Read 1162 times)

Offline momule

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Split LD cards???
« on: July 30, 2004, 11:19:18 PM »
with all the talk about Split omni's I thinking of trying Split cards on a Local band next weekend. I was wondering on just how to place the mic's .

A: Pointed at the tower/s?
B: Sorta DIN?
C: Sorta ORTF ?

I'll be about 20 ft back FOB with upto a 10' split if needed.
and than may try a Matrix aswell one night but thats a whole diffrent thread in It's self   ::)

thanks in advance for any help.
Nick
AKG 463's (uno ck62) > Mackie Onyx Satellite > Microtrack II

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Split LD cards???
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 11:34:19 AM »
only 20' back I wouldn't split 10'. Maybe try about 4 or 5'. I would also point them at the stacks given how close you are. Good luck Nick!
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline momule

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004, 12:25:11 PM »
+t for your Help Tim.

I gotta admit. Im really Starting to get that "Gear slut" itch already and I have only taped a half dozen show. with 2 diffrent mic's (one being Heath's ADK sle's) and Now some other LD'sI picked up only to have some mics to tape the local ABB show early this month.

Sure wish I could afford Some M200-300's I have been pulling down tape after tape listeing to different sources at diffrent shows. Im sold on the M200's Just need to find a Good Bank Heist to pay for them. ;D

AKG 463's (uno ck62) > Mackie Onyx Satellite > Microtrack II

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2004, 12:29:22 PM »
you can get a used pair of the 300's for around $600. they are fantastic mics, remind me a lot of the schoeps cards.

play around a lot and you'll figure this stuff out, with as much music as you listen to you know what sound you're going for. Good luck, +T backatcha!
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com