Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: bag recommendations  (Read 1843 times)

Offline saxophoner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
bag recommendations
« on: August 15, 2006, 08:14:45 PM »
ive been looking around, mostly at the lowepro bags (is LowePro and LoweAlpine the same company?).  I have a UA5/JB3/mic case (9in wide X 2in deep) plus cords.  stuff should fit snug but id like some more free space incase i add some goodies.  looking to spend $30-$50 on a bag, no shwag please  8).  shoot me some help.  thanks
microphones > a/d pre > recorder
Travis from Wisconsin

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: bag recommendations
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 08:18:54 PM »
I have the nova 4.  works great for a ua-5, mics, recorder (jb3 + iriver h120) and a shit-ton of batteries (3 dvd batteries, a power runner battery in it's case, a voltage regulator, assorted cables and connectors), as well as all of the other little things like extra caps, cables, and shockmounts.

Obviously, if you want some room to grow, grab the Nova 5. 
Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline Oysterhead00

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Rock This Bitch
    • My Ugly Page In Need Of A Huge Makeover
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 08:20:50 AM »
ive been looking around, mostly at the lowepro bags (is LowePro and LoweAlpine the same company?).  I have a UA5/JB3/mic case (9in wide X 2in deep) plus cords.  stuff should fit snug but id like some more free space incase i add some goodies.  looking to spend $30-$50 on a bag, no shwag please  8).  shoot me some help.  thanks

For that price range you can get some nice laptop backpacks that have significant padding and compartments for various crap, but you have to deal with some venuess irrational fear of backbacks.  I've seen some great Swiss Amry packs at Marshalls/TJ Maxx for $25 lately.  They have a laptop section with a securable latch that you could probably put the UA5 in to keep it protected and from moving (maybe add some velcro with the sticky side to secure it in there) and a MP3 player sized pouch that will hold the JB3 and allow you access to it with the rest of the bag sealed up. 

If you have a Ritz photo (or something similar) in your mall, they have some decent Quantaray gear bags with the configurable velcro dividers. 

Probably the best deal, if it's still going on and large enough for your needs, is the link to the Mountainsmith gear pack currently in the Retail section...regularly $75 on sale for $30.  I ended up getting a more expensive Mountainsmith bag on several recommendations and they are VERY high quality.

-----------------------------------------
***Updated with info from the Retail Section***

Stolen from EvilEye's post:

reg $75.00.

I know some use these as gear bags.

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?memberId=12500226&productId=39167388

Size Measurements:  11"x12"x6"
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 08:28:46 AM by Oysterhead00 »
Big Rig:  SMK-H8K/U or MSH-1O > PS-2 > AD-20 > CJB3
Sm Rig:  SS DSM-6S (or SP-CMC-12 > SPBM-2)  > MD-MT77
ISO: Cheap iRiver 120 or 140 :)

Offline china_rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 08:44:49 AM »
Just be careful buying backpacks.... Many venues ban them now while allowing camera, laptop, etc. bags.

PS. I use a nova 5
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 10:00:30 AM »
I second the Mountainsmith bag recommendation.  I have the Day bag and it holds my mics, MiniMe, MT, cables, screens, and all the accessories. without a problem.  Also small enough where you won't have a sack of potatoes at your feet all night.  The quality of them are simply outstanding; I used my bag all throughout 2+ years of the Peace Corps, going camping and hiking with a scouting group and it is still good as new.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline 612

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Minneapolis, MN
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 11:13:25 AM »
I have the nova 5.
Empty's Tapes & My recordings on the LMA

"Keep active, stay positive..." - a wise man

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com