Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New turntable opinions: Rega vs. VPI vs. Well Tempered  (Read 4519 times)

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't sweat the technique
New turntable opinions: Rega vs. VPI vs. Well Tempered
« on: November 25, 2016, 07:53:56 AM »
I'm considering purchasing a new turntable and the three that I am looking at are the Rega RP10, the VPI Prime (or Prime Signature), and the Well Tempered Amadeus GTA. I'm a little concerned about VPI's production and reliability issues in the past, and about the fragility of the Well Tempered tonearm. The Rega looks like a good bet, but I'm just wondering what else is out there.

Any recommendations would be fantastic. Thanks in advance.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't sweat the technique
Re: New turntable opinions: Rega vs. VPI vs. Well Tempered
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 05:15:52 PM »
Said screw it and bought a Well Tempered Amadeus today. Looking forward to its arrival!
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: New turntable opinions: Rega vs. VPI vs. Well Tempered
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 10:47:47 PM »
 I owned a Well Tempered Record Player for a number of years and feel that they make a great table and still feel there older tables are as good as today's. You'll enjoy your new table.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com