Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CD burning software  (Read 2380 times)

Offline Rob D.

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
CD burning software
« on: September 24, 2011, 10:24:35 PM »
The crappy version of Nero I have will not burn my 4 track wav files even at 16/44.1. What does everyone use to burn CD recorded with 4 track wavs?

Offline notlance

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: CD burning software
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 10:46:53 AM »
I assume you are trying to burn a CD-data disc?  A Red Book CD is 2 channels only.

For all types of optical discs, I have been using ImgBurn.

Offline jmz93

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 10:59:13 AM »
What do you mean by four-track wav files?
If those are indeed tracks, you need to render the material as a regular 2-channel stereo wav file first and then burn that.

I've been using Nero since version 5.x, and currently am using Nero Burning Rom 10.

I've also had good results with Sony Sound forge 10, and before that, CD Architect.

Offline jmz93

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 11:10:59 AM »
And if you do mean four channels, as in 1970's quadraphonic sound, you'll have to fold that down to two channel conventional stereo before burning.

Offline Rob D.

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 01:55:53 AM »
What do you mean by four-track wav files?
If those are indeed tracks, you need to render the material as a regular 2-channel stereo wav file first and then burn that.

I've been using Nero since version 5.x, and currently am using Nero Burning Rom 10.

I've also had good results with Sony Sound forge 10, and before that, CD Architect.

I use Soundforge 10 also but haven't figured how to eliminate two of the four channels. Any ideas? Thanks!

edit to add: I did manage to first delete the data from two channels and then use the channel converter to get the four channels down to two. Is this the best way to do this?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 02:30:40 AM by Rob D. »

Offline jmz93

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 09:30:13 PM »
I'm not sure. Can Sound Forge mix the channels down to stereo so you don't lose information?
I don't do much surround sound work, so someone else more knowledgeable will have to pipe up here.

If you go to the Process menu and pick "Channel Converter", there are a few 5.1 surround presets in there. I assume if one of these doesn't meet your needs exactly, you can use it as a template and just alter the settings a little, and save it as your own preset for future jobs.

Offline Rob D.

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 07:07:19 PM »
I remember now to use the Sound Devices Wave Pad Sound editor. This will dumb down the 24/96 4-track wave to 16/44.1 2-tracks. Thanks for the help.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.193 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com