Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Long Interconnects or Long Speaker Cable (30')  (Read 1618 times)

Offline scervin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Long Interconnects or Long Speaker Cable (30')
« on: January 07, 2007, 08:33:04 AM »
So with my new gear set to arrive in the next month I have time to figure out how to integrate it all.  Researching audioasylum, audiogon, audiocircle, etc has left me with no clear direction when it comes to running 30' of single ended low capacitance IC's vs. 30' speaker cable.

What do you all think?  Anyone have the equation to determine at what frequency I will begin to see roll off based on cable capacitance, cable length, and output impedance?

I would prefer to have the amps closer to the speakers so I can get some nice speaker cable, but not if it will kill the sound.

Thanks,
SC

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Long Interconnects or Long Speaker Cable (30')
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 11:26:46 AM »
So with my new gear set to arrive in the next month I have time to figure out how to integrate it all.  Researching audioasylum, audiogon, audiocircle, etc has left me with no clear direction when it comes to running 30' of single ended low capacitance IC's vs. 30' speaker cable.

What do you all think?  Anyone have the equation to determine at what frequency I will begin to see roll off based on cable capacitance, cable length, and output impedance?

I would prefer to have the amps closer to the speakers so I can get some nice speaker cable, but not if it will kill the sound.

Thanks,
SC

I dont know the calculations off hand, but one thing I do know is keep left and right the same exact length! if you need 30 feet on one end use 30 feet on the other side as well, so the impedence is the same for both left and right. This allows the same amount of power to be delivered to your speakers. I have always adheared to this rule. The other option would be if you had to mono amps to put them beside your speakers, and simply run longer signal cable to your amps inputs.

Chris Church
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.129 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com