Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Vegas 8 - how to change rendering rate  (Read 5669 times)

Offline fanofthemule

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Vegas 8 - how to change rendering rate
« on: June 23, 2008, 08:28:23 AM »
Where do I select what rate I want to render the video at?  It's not the same as Vegas 6 and I can't find it  ???
Sony PCM-M10

Fostex FR2LE Busman TMod

Superlux S502 ORTF

Offline stantheman1976

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Vegas 8 - how to change rendering rate
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 03:20:18 PM »
Once you've selected the region you want to render click File > Render As and there should be options for what type of file you want to render to.  Make sure you have "Render loop region only" clicked or it will render the entire timeline even if you only chose a small region.

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my list
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 04:00:31 PM »
Once you've selected the region you want to render click File > Render As and there should be options for what type of file you want to render to.  Make sure you have "Render loop region only" clicked or it will render the entire timeline even if you only chose a small region.

then hit custom > video to select vbr or cbr and the rate.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline fanofthemule

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 05:33:05 PM »

then hit custom > video to select vbr or cbr and the rate.

where is the custom button?
Sony PCM-M10

Fostex FR2LE Busman TMod

Superlux S502 ORTF

Offline stantheman1976

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 10:15:46 PM »
Right next to where you select the template. 

Offline fanofthemule

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 10:38:58 PM »
looks like my problem is i'm using vegas movie studio 8.0, not pro

i've got the custom tab but it won't let me click it, it looks like your "channels" button in your screen cap stan
Sony PCM-M10

Fostex FR2LE Busman TMod

Superlux S502 ORTF

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 01:48:42 AM »

I'll PM you tomorrow.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline stantheman1976

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 09:25:43 AM »
I've never used Movie Studio.  I guess that's why I was getting thrown off.  If you had used Vegas 6 before I couldn't uderstand why you were having trouble as the process is the same.

Offline sabre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 10:46:46 AM »
Apparently Vegas Movie Studio 8.0 doesn't let the user customise the video bitrate.

The editor in this software package is excellent. BUT if your intention, after editing, is to render to MPEG-2 then my suggestion would be to buy something other than Vegas Movie Studio (+ DVD). I make this recommendation for one reason. Vegas Movie Studio (+ DVD) will not let the user change the predefined video rendering bitrate for MPEG-2. The predefined video bitrate for MPEG-2 rendering is 8 Mbps, no other option is available.

To verify this I sent the following question to tech support: ”What do I need to do in order to create custom templates for MPEG-2?”
There response was “Unfortunately the ability to adjust render fields in Vegas Movie studio is not possible. This option is available in the full version of Vegas 6.0. For more information on Vegas 6.0 you can click on the link below:
http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/Products/ShowProduct.asp?PID=965
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Vegas_Movie_Studio

Offline stantheman1976

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 12:20:03 PM »
Wow.  I have never use MS so I had no idea.  You could just use the default of 8Mbps (which should give excellent quality), author it at whatever the size happens to be, and then use DVD Shrink to get it down to DVD-5.  It's an extra step using DVD Shrink but not that time-consuming.

Offline fanofthemule

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 03:46:01 PM »
LOL that's what I get for actually purchasing the software  >:(
Sony PCM-M10

Fostex FR2LE Busman TMod

Superlux S502 ORTF

Offline stantheman1976

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 04:25:22 PM »
Nothing wrong with being on a budget.  I only get the splurge once in a while when someone decides my talents are worth paying for.  I use Panasonic GS series cams also filming pageants as such for a couple local schools.  I usually take the money I make and buy more stuff to use for my hobby.

I believe the method I mentioned should give you good reults.  I normally output to DV-AVI to go back to tape and encode with TMPGEnc for MPEG-2.

Offline Jimna

• Zappa for President
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Audio DeutchKraft & Busman Audio
    • F.M.Record Company
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 12:40:03 AM »
Nothing wrong with being on a budget.  I only get the splurge once in a while when someone decides my talents are worth paying for.  I use Panasonic GS series cams also filming pageants as such for a couple local schools.  I usually take the money I make and buy more stuff to use for my hobby.

I believe the method I mentioned should give you good reults.  I normally output to DV-AVI to go back to tape and encode with TMPGEnc for MPEG-2.
+T for letting the hobby make money to fund itself. 

so do you think using the other encoder gives you better final product?  isnt what sony encodes with vegas as high quality?   just wondering, something ive been noticing is quality of video is less subjective than audio quality in average joe circles. 

Co-Founder of F.M.Recording 
SD: Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > Grace Lunatec V3 > Busman Hybrid R4
LD: ADK A-51TL MP > Busman Hybrid R4
+ 48 Channel Multi-track rig

Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 2x Extender Mark III, Canon 15mm f2.8, Canon 85mm f/1.8 USM, Canon 100mm Macro f2.8, Canon 16-35mm L f2.8, Canon 24-70mm L f/2.8, Canon 70-200mm L f2.8 IS, Canon ST-E2, Canon 580ex II (x2), Canon 430ex II, PocketWizard PLUS II(x4), Radiopopper PX System

http://jmimna.com/

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST
-FZ

Offline stantheman1976

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 09:15:30 AM »

+T for letting the hobby make money to fund itself. 

so do you think using the other encoder gives you better final product?  isnt what sony encodes with vegas as high quality?   just wondering, something ive been noticing is quality of video is less subjective than audio quality in average joe circles. 

This is because the average joe thinks cell phone videos are alright for normal use.  They only expect high quality video from their HD stations and Hollywood produced movies.  It really worries me what people are accepting as normal these days.  CNN has "ireporters" which are just average people who send in video they shot on their cell phones and it gets aired on a national news station and the people gets praised for sending it in. 

Offline greatape

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • www.youtube.com/GreatTapes
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 08:06:55 PM »

i've got the custom tab but it won't let me click it, it looks like your "channels" button in your screen cap stan

I know you already spent some money on Movie Studio but. . .
I just made the switch from Movie Studio 6 to Pro 8 at a very reasonable rate - $130
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/536041-REG/Sony_VP8Q_Vegas_Pro_8_Video.html
My Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/GreatTapes

Audio:
Church Audio STC11 Cardioids>ST9000>Tascam Dr2d

Photo/Video:
Panasonic GH2
Canon HV30/HV20

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com