Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Harrison Mixbus - any users here?  (Read 340 times)

Online goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Harrison Mixbus - any users here?
« on: November 25, 2023, 03:40:57 PM »

As much as I want to love Reaper I just don't jive with it.

Does anyone here use Harrison Mixbus?
 It seems to the be the happy place between feature rich and intuitively simple with a console workflow design and one function per button type of interface.

Their consoles are legendary for recording studios both music and film.

The plan is to use this at home for recording my own music but also in the field for multitrack recording and later mixing.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline Ronmac

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Harrison Mixbus - any users here?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2023, 04:20:51 PM »
I have a license for the 32C version, but rarely use it. It does "sound" different, with built-in mix bus saturation that can be adjusted to taste. My taste doesn't run in that direction, preferring to record and mix as clean as possible. If I were recording a lot of RNR drums it would be an option I would consider.

Personally, I do about 75% of my work in Reaper and the rest in Studio One Pro. I find they offer everything I need for my workflow, from capture (Reaper) to mix (either, depending on project demands) and final master (S One).

Everyone's workflow and aesthetic needs are different, so I recommend download the trial version and see if it works for you.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com