Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Izotope RX Standard Second Licence  (Read 400 times)

Offline phil_er_up

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Izotope RX Standard Second Licence
« on: February 06, 2024, 09:46:18 AM »
Izotope RX Standard Second License

Wanted to have a RX 10 standard on my DAW and my laptop. My laptop is not connected to the internet. When I am at gigs wanted a way to run music rebalance after the first set on the SBD feed on my laptop. Thought about buying a second copy of RX std and installing it on the laptop.

Though read the following from izotope website:

How to use iZotope Products on Multiple Machines

According to our Single-User License agreement, we allow users to install iZotope products on more than one machines as long as they are the only person who is using the software on these machines. If you need to put your software on a desktop and a laptop, you are allowed to do this. You would use the same Serial Number to authorize the software on each machine.  To do this, simply follow the same installation and authorization steps that you used for the very first time you installed the software.

https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/articles/6657993633425-How-to-use-iZotope-Products-on-Multiple-Machines
===========================================================
Went to Izotope and found the following instructions on how to do it:

If you are using a computer that is not connected to the internet, you can follow the steps below to authorize.

1) Open your iZotope software, you can do this by inserting it in your host application, or by launching the standalone application (if available).

2) Upon opening iZotope software, you should be automatically prompted to authorize. Here, you can enter your serial number, name and the email address associated with your iZotope account.

3) Once this is completed you can now choose if you wish to authorize to an iLok USB or via a challenge and response.

4) After selecting challenge and response, you will be given a code to enter on our website in order to generate a response file. You can do this on your iZotope account by navigating to your Purchase History section of iZotope account, find the product you wish to authorize and select the "Offline" option in your Portal.

5) Enter your challenge code into our website, and you should be given a downloadable file which you can upload into the authorization window by clicking “Choose File”.

6) Click “Next” and your file will be validated, if successful, you can begin using your new iZotope software!

https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/articles/6658199993361-How-to-authorize-iZotope-software

===========================================================

Set 5 would not give me a downloadable file so I went to Izotope filled out their form and told them I did not get the DL'ed RX std license file.

They emailed me back asked for the "Challenge code". Sent it to them. They emailed me back the  RX std license file. They got back to me each day after I emailed them. 2 days to get the license file back from them after filling out the form on their website.

============================================================

Went to laptop -> opened up "offline authorization" for RX std and selected the license file and it returned the message "Success".

=============================================================
Laptop processes a 2 GB SBD file in 35 minutes compared to my old DAW PC processing speed of over an hour and 10 minutes to process the same file. So cut my processing time down in half and now have 2 PC's with RX std on it.

Everyday is a gift. Enjoy each one!
Forward motion bring positive results.

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Izotope RX Standard Second Licence
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 06:10:13 PM »
I've used RX for many years and never knew about this. Thank you!
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com