Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SVU-1 Problem  (Read 2053 times)

Offline seekup40

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
SVU-1 Problem
« on: April 20, 2006, 02:21:31 AM »
Alright so I'm a dumbass and wasn't reading the instructions I found on google right and there are 2 little screws on the back of this that you can turn either way to collaborate the svu-1. I read this wrong and took both of them out. They arent really screws, they are just little peices of plastic with little metal hinges on to adjust the svu-1. Everytime I try to put them back into place they just fall right back out. Did I break this thing? Or can these go back into place. I don't know if anyone will even be able to help me with this because I don't know if anyone else would make this dumb of mistake ha.

Well theres a pic below, on here they are the little 2 orange things....any help would be appreciated

thanks

Offline anodyne33

• You'll have that
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All my life there's been the magnets.
    • Lucky
Re: SVU-1 Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 10:24:19 AM »
 :o

Oh man... I'm sorry (and I feel your pain), but that may just be the funniest thing I've read here in a while.

You might have to put two new pots in this, but I can't say for sure as I've never totally backed a potentiometer out! There are a bunch of guys on the board who could do this for you. I'd open it up first and take a good look at how that pot works (like I said, I've never actually seen the insides of one) and it should be pretty obvious if you need to put new one in.

shane
Pockets full of nickels and nothing left to eat, and I'm stuck behind a semi on Soniat Street.

Offline seekup40

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 11:43:19 AM »
Ha I figured it would be, I feel like a dumbshit

I just got all my shit finally for my new rig and was planning on using the svu-1 tomorrow night  >:(

Offline bdasilva

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Use to be a Fishhead
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 12:13:39 PM »
If'n it comes to it... I'll fix it for the cost of  pots and shipping. pot and shipping (april 20th humor)
Cad E300S set.. AT822  AKG C 414 B-XLS/ST  
Dorsey-Mod MK-012 w/ O, C, H and RED L/D Caps
Superlux S502 ORTF   LSD2
Silverpath  Cables> 
Tascam DR-680MKii    DR- 680 (X2)   Tascam DR-40     Sound Devices USBPre    SONY  PMD-M10   Zoom F8

"Buy a Taper a Drink... Prime the Pumps of live Music"

On the "music" side of the "Music Business"

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 12:26:17 PM »
Bummer, sorry about that dude.

I wonder what the odds are that the pots are set such that the meters are PERFECTLY calibrated right now?  :P
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

CHURCH-AUDIO

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 12:29:12 PM »
Sorry to hear about your loss. It was very funny though I would offer to fix them too if you need be I would recomend putting in presision trimer pots the multi turn ones so you can really calibrate it properly. You need a good 1k source that you know is recorded at a 0 db or -10 db level. PM me if you want me to fix it for you!

Chris Church

Alright so I'm a dumbass and wasn't reading the instructions I found on google right and there are 2 little screws on the back of this that you can turn either way to collaborate the svu-1. I read this wrong and took both of them out. They arent really screws, they are just little peices of plastic with little metal hinges on to adjust the svu-1. Everytime I try to put them back into place they just fall right back out. Did I break this thing? Or can these go back into place. I don't know if anyone will even be able to help me with this because I don't know if anyone else would make this dumb of mistake ha.

Well theres a pic below, on here they are the little 2 orange things....any help would be appreciated

thanks

Offline bdasilva

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Use to be a Fishhead
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 01:08:29 PM »
I agree... 10 turn trim pots insted if those plastic 7/8 turn ones... they are not set perfect as the center leg of the pot (the wiper) is whats broken off. now its an open...   Two offers of repair to partically relive your pain. No body laughing that you know of...
Cad E300S set.. AT822  AKG C 414 B-XLS/ST  
Dorsey-Mod MK-012 w/ O, C, H and RED L/D Caps
Superlux S502 ORTF   LSD2
Silverpath  Cables> 
Tascam DR-680MKii    DR- 680 (X2)   Tascam DR-40     Sound Devices USBPre    SONY  PMD-M10   Zoom F8

"Buy a Taper a Drink... Prime the Pumps of live Music"

On the "music" side of the "Music Business"

Offline rowjimmytour

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My LMA bookmarks
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 01:19:46 PM »
+t for your troubles. I had this happen to me and had to send my SVU-1 back under warranty work and it took about 3 weeks. If ya go to the website they have intstuctions on how to.
https://www.globalmediapro.com/av/index.cgi?action=eshop&topic=eguarantee
Peace
http://www.archive.org/bookmarNo
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com