Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: stealthing the tascam hd-p2  (Read 3467 times)

Offline panther65

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
stealthing the tascam hd-p2
« on: September 18, 2006, 04:01:09 PM »
I've just purchased the hd-p2 advanced mod from Doug at Oade Bros. because of it's wonderful features. Does anyone have any tips/suggestions as to best stealth with this deck? ie Ways to get the deck into an arena.
Schoeps MK4>KCY250/5I>Schoeps VMS 5 U>Tascam HD-P2

Offline beefstew

• Taperssection Member
Re: stealthing the tascam hd-p2
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 04:12:01 PM »
put it in a bag and shove it down ur crotch :P :)
*Audio*
Mics:
SP-CMC-19
Panasonic WM61a

Recorders:
MZ-RH910 (Hi-MD)
Sony TC-WE435 (CASS)

*Video*
Canon ZR-500 [Mini DV]
54" Tripod

I spend most of my money on gambling, booze, and women. The rest i spend foolishly.

Offline joekar

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 07:25:38 PM »
put it in a bag and shove it down ur crotch :P :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, tape a $50 bill to it and smile at the security guard at the entrance......

Peace,
jk

ps: If you can stealth the HD-P2 then you are a TRUE Jedi..... :coolguy:
Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

Offline Genghis Cougar Mellen Khan

• Needs to get out more...
  • Tin Can > Wax String > Dictaphone
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 07:37:44 PM »
I've just purchased the hd-p2 advanced mod from Doug at Oade Bros. because of it's wonderful features. Does anyone have any tips/suggestions as to best stealth with this deck? ie Ways to get the deck into an arena.

If you plan on sneaking a HD-P2 into an arena, my suggestion is to sneak into the band's truck then hide yourself in one of thier road cases.  Unless you have a very large void in your crotchal region, I'd say forget it.  You could try to diguise it as your colostomy bag, be sure to buy some "fart spray" from your local Spencer gifts store.

A local Deadhead/taper told me how they used to use a chair to sneak in his old Nak deck, then ditch the chair once they were inside, but that seems a bit drastic.  You'll probably want a smaller recorder like the PMD-660 if you plan on stealthing.
Maybe a couple of small scratches, but thats because these mics are chick magnets.
Girls always up on Andy tryin to grab these mics, the scratches are from their wedding rings.

CMC641 / DPA4022 / DPA4062>mod MPS6030
V3 / PMD671 / field ready DV-RA1000 / Oade W-mod PMD661 / PCM-M10

Offline joekar

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 08:01:01 PM »

If you plan on sneaking a HD-P2 into an arena, my suggestion is to sneak into the band's truck then hide yourself in one of thier road cases.  Unless you have a very large void in your crotchal region, I'd say forget it.  You could try to diguise it as your colostomy bag, be sure to buy some "fart spray" from your local Spencer gifts store.

A local Deadhead/taper told me how they used to use a chair to sneak in his old Nak deck, then ditch the chair once they were inside, but that seems a bit drastic.  You'll probably want a smaller recorder like the PMD-660 if you plan on stealthing.

:yack: :yack: :yack: :yack: :yack: :yack: :yack: :yack: :yack: :yack: :yack: :yack: :yack: :yack: :yack: :yack: :yack: :yack: :yack: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

Offline Genghis Cougar Mellen Khan

• Tin Can > Wax String > Dictaphone
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 08:08:42 PM »

Forget my earlier suggestions, just bring Chuck Norris with you... 
Maybe a couple of small scratches, but thats because these mics are chick magnets.
Girls always up on Andy tryin to grab these mics, the scratches are from their wedding rings.

CMC641 / DPA4022 / DPA4062>mod MPS6030
V3 / PMD671 / field ready DV-RA1000 / Oade W-mod PMD661 / PCM-M10

Offline joekar

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 09:44:15 PM »

Forget my earlier suggestions, just bring Chuck Norris with you... 

If Chuck can't do it ...then nobody can.....
Two roundhouse kicks and your in... :yack: :yack: :yack: :yack: :yack:

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 10:13:55 PM »
i dont know...

people stealth the 722, i dont think the p2 is any bigger, is it..?

but you do have to be a jedi - like the guy pictured below...

-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 03:34:40 PM »
1.8" H x 8.2" W x 4.9" D

HD-P2
2.5" H x 10.25"W x 7.75"D

not quite as small, but im sure its still stealthable depending on how hardcore security is
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 04:02:32 PM »

I've seen guys at Dylan shows with v3>722 and batteries,  so if they can get that in, getting a hd-p2 in should not be that difficult depending on security
Occasionally....music mics record

Offline run_run_run

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 04:12:50 PM »

I've seen guys at Dylan shows with v3>722 and batteries,  so if they can get that in, getting a hd-p2 in should not be that difficult depending on security
nice

kskreider

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 05:47:30 PM »
a true stealth jedi doesn't so easily reveal his tactics to the whole world.

qft.

For what it is worth I have stealthed a DA-P1 before.  It is possible.

A little over a week ago I snuck in my 140's a V3 and my JB3 with EXTERNAL batteries for the V3 and JB3.  NO GEAR BAG and nothing got crotched.

Use the force.

Offline hyperplane

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 06:15:51 PM »
but you do have to be a jedi - like the guy pictured below...

+T for the picture alone.  ;D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.077 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com