Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New to taping: Looking for Advice regarding Rig  (Read 6176 times)

Offline MSTaper

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: New to taping: Looking for Advice regarding Rig
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 09:52:38 PM »
I started with a CA-11 > STC-9000 > R-09 rig and loved it. Still use the R-09 with the Avantone CK-1s > US-5 > R-09 rig. Now using the Avantone CK-1 > Fostex FR-2LE or UA-5 > Fostex FR-2LE with my Darktrain interconnects.

I'd go with a STC_9100 (?) if I had to do it over again.

MSTaper
Church Audio CA-11, Avantone CK-1
Edirol UA-5
Edirol R-09, Fostex FR-2LE

12/13 Patterson Hood - Florence, Ala.

Offline Photosynthesis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 04:53:16 PM »
Alright, the battery life convinces me to go with a M10. Should I buy an SD/SDHC card or is the internal memory enough for a complete show? And Amazon offers it for 215. Is the rebate case worth the 15 extra dollars?

stevetoney

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 04:55:03 PM »
Warning:  M10 used MICRO SD card.  Just wanted to make sure you aware of that before ordering, but yes the internal memory is enough for a whole show.  Rule of thumb is at 24/48 you get one hour of recording per one GB.

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 04:55:35 PM »
the internal memory will hold you over for now. at 24/48 you can get about 4 hours of audio.
http://sounddevices.com/calculator/

I like the case but I paid more for my m10 and the case was free. If you get a rebate, I think it would be worth it.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline bucsab12

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010, 08:39:34 PM »
I just wanted to say something than another member wrote somewhere on the M10 thread;
It is a good idea to use an external memory card because the internal memory may stop working after using it multiple times.
Once it is dead, it will be probably very hard or even impossible to replace it.
That will eliminate the cross-memory recording option or in case you lose your card, you are stuck until you buy a new one.

Micro SD cards are really cheap right now and you can buy an 8 GB one for less than $20.
I think it will be a good idea to buy one and use it as your first memory option and only use the internal memory when you have to.

External cards can always be replaced for cheap...

stevetoney

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 08:35:41 AM »
I just wanted to say something than another member wrote somewhere on the M10 thread;
It is a good idea to use an external memory card because the internal memory may stop working after using it multiple times.
Once it is dead, it will be probably very hard or even impossible to replace it.
That will eliminate the cross-memory recording option or in case you lose your card, you are stuck until you buy a new one.

Micro SD cards are really cheap right now and you can buy an 8 GB one for less than $20.
I think it will be a good idea to buy one and use it as your first memory option and only use the internal memory when you have to.

External cards can always be replaced for cheap...

While I don't disagree with the concepts stated, I think this is an ultra conservative strategy.  I don't know of anyone that's reported that their internal memory stopped working on their M10 or D50.  Until those reports start flowing in, I'm not particularly concerned about it for mine.

Offline Photosynthesis

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2010, 10:23:07 PM »
What SD class would I want for recording?

Offline bucsab12

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2010, 10:35:18 PM »
I think class 4 will do the job. This is the card I'm using in my M10 and it has been working like a charm:

http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-microSDHC-Class-Memory-TS8GUSDHC6E/dp/B0026L7DG0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1282444389&sr=8-1

Offline Photosynthesis

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2010, 03:30:38 AM »
So I just bought the PCM-M10, and I wanted to ask about Sony's rebate. They ask me for a business type when I try to sign up for the rebate, but I don't have one. Is there any way to claim the rebate without doing that?

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2010, 04:58:21 AM »
So I just bought the PCM-M10, and I wanted to ask about Sony's rebate. They ask me for a business type when I try to sign up for the rebate, but I don't have one. Is there any way to claim the rebate without doing that?

Just make something up.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.218 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com