Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Looking To Get Started  (Read 4615 times)

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My cd List
Re:Looking To Get Started
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2004, 10:33:47 PM »
Urth - I just recently bought a 2nd JB3 battery, RC batteries, cables and stand. I did quite a bit of searching and think I found some good deals. Email me and I'll tell you where I got all this stuff and how much it all was. I think it might be against the rules or I'd post it all here.
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

Offline ubik

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2004, 10:41:02 AM »
I've the same question as Urth, though I want to start with a basic (inexpensive) stealth system.  A few questions, please:

1. Is there a .wav size limit in recording on the JB-3?  (the IRiver H140, which I was originally thinking about, has a 795Meg .wav limit)

2. Why do you need the UA5?  Can't you just plug the microphones, directly into the recorder, as long as they have power?  

3. Any comments on the Core Sound Stealthy Cardioid mic's?

Thanks,
Mark

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2004, 01:00:39 PM »
1. Is there a .wav size limit in recording on the JB-3?  (the IRiver H140, which I was originally thinking about, has a 795Meg .wav limit)

3 hours.

2. Why do you need the UA5?  Can't you just plug the microphones, directly into the recorder, as long as they have power?  

The UA5 provides higher quality gain and ADC.  But with proper power to the mics (and if you're recording relatively quiet sources possibly an inexpensive gain stage like a pair of line transformers), the NJB3 will work without the UA5 in the chain.

3. Any comments on the Core Sound Stealthy Cardioid mic's?

I've never liked any CS products personally (except maybe the dufusly named HEBs), but others may have different opinions.  For lots of talk about stealthy, inexpensive mics check the Archival Info forum for a stealth gear reference thread.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com