Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Neutrik ML-1, etc.  (Read 1493 times)

BobW

• Trade Count: (0)
Neutrik ML-1, etc.
« on: March 27, 2004, 04:32:15 PM »
Have you seen the Neutrik Minilyzer  ML-1 ?

Is anyone using an outboard analyzer, meter, scope, etc. with their gear ?

I'm looking for impressions, usefulness, recommendations.........

Offline sickrick43

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm NOT a fucking llama!
Re:Neutrik ML-1, etc.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 09:36:09 PM »
Have you seen the Neutrik Minilyzer  ML-1 ?

Is anyone using an outboard analyzer, meter, scope, etc. with their gear ?

I'm looking for impressions, usefulness, recommendations.........

Unless someone here is an FOH or studio engineer (like YOU <g>) I doubt the "average taper" is going to have an analyser.  Yeah, I find my Meyer SIM3 really useful when I FOB Stealth.   ;D

http://www.meyersound.com/markets/livesound/the_dead.htm

<only joking here Bob, OK?>

The last band I FOH'd for had a Behringer Ultra-Curve Pro in thier FOH FX Rack.  Love a band that invests in its' own PA.  Allows for some consistancy from club to club...

Rick
4 Track & CD Live Rig: TLM-170's->V3->SD-744T  CDLive->TC Finalzer Express->Tascam CDR-900SL

24 Track Rig: Audix D6/D2/D4/I5/SCX1-C/O->Whilrwind SPC82 ISO Splitters->DigimaxLT's->Alesis HD24 (Lucid GenX192 Master Clock)

Canon 1Ds MarkII - 16-35/2.8L - 24-70/2.8L - 70-200/2.8L IS - 180/f:3.5 Macro - 550EX Flash

"this isnt a dramatic bitchy exit, its just time to go." - Big Ray (queen of the dramatic bitchy exit)

BobW

Re:Neutrik ML-1, etc.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 08:55:20 AM »
OK, ok.... I've gotten the sarcasm thing down...... +T for use of emoticons.  :)

I'm not a studio engineer, but for a few hundred bucks($350, I've heard) the Neutrik is a very cool field toy.  It would give metering to the UA-5, SBM-1, etc. users. It has spectrum  which could give a visual on mic angles/ patterns/ placement.  I'll bet you can see reflections and out-of-phase with the O-scope, if you really learn how to read it(and if it resolves well enough).

Click   here for The Mix Review
« Last Edit: March 28, 2004, 08:58:08 AM by BobW »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com