Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: camcorder choice help  (Read 2061 times)

Offline ero3030

• Trade Count: (59)
  • Taperssection All-Star
camcorder choice help
« on: October 08, 2009, 09:51:32 PM »
looking for a recorder for my daughter's basketball games.  somthing good enough to send clips to colleges.  somthing under 500$?  under 1000$?  looking for somthing easy to transfer.  thanks,  ed
needin some fishhead music!

" known for f**king up a good weekend on a Thursday nite "

Offline guitard

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: camcorder choice help
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 05:32:55 AM »
I'm sure you can get something for less than $500 that'll do the job.  You pretty much don't have a choice anymore as almost everything is either harddrive or flash-drive based now.  Tape-based cams are pretty much gone.

But that isn't a bad thing for you because you want something you can easily transfer and flash-drive cams are definitely easy to transfer.

What you really need to think about IMHO is how to get a good shot that really maximizes the quality of the video you're sending off to colleges ~ I think that will be much more important than the videocam you use to shoot the video.

I recommend getting a good mpeg editor to edit the video - check out Womble MPEG Editor - very easy to use and it doesn't re-encode the video.

And just to make it easy for the schools to which you'll be sending the video - I'd get a DVD authoring program that's easy to use so that when the school receives the DVD - they can just pop it in the player and check it out - and not have to figure out if it can only be played on the computer...what program you need to view the video file, etc.  I recommend TMPGenc DVD Author for an authoring program.
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline mblindsey

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 02:21:24 PM »
I'm pretty happy with my Canon Vixia HF10 and 2x HF11's.  I bought them as refurbs from B&H Photo.  If there wasn't a sticker on the outside of the box that said "refurbished", I wouldn't know the difference.  I've seen some better deals on them recently (I think on deals2buy.com), but here is an HF10 for $499:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/used/539290/Canon_2573B001_VIXIA_HF_10_AVCHD_16GB.html

I think I paid $599 for the HF11.

--Michael
Mics:  Microtech Gefell m200/M20/nBob Actives>PFA, CA-11
Pre's: USB Pre2, 1x V3, 2x V3 w/optimod, MP2, Church Ugly
Decks: SD MixPre 6 II, R44 Oade Concert Mod, M10
Playback: Grace m9xx->Sen HD 650, Fostex TH-X00, HIFIMAN HEXX
Mixing: RME Fireface UFX->Reaper/Izotope->Yamaha HS8

Offline ero3030

• Trade Count: (59)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 05:34:58 PM »
thanks guys!!   ed
needin some fishhead music!

" known for f**king up a good weekend on a Thursday nite "

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com