Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

New Roland R-07 (the best successor to Roland R-05 and Sony M10?)

<< < (2/86) > >>

TheMetalist:

--- Quote from: heathen on January 08, 2018, 08:31:58 AM ---The internal mics are discreet
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: heathen on January 08, 2018, 09:16:53 AM ---Dual record and being able to control it remotely via phone are exactly the things I would want if someone asked me what could be added to the R-05
--- End quote ---

Yes. I will probably go Roland when my Sony M10 fails me. If not sooner than that. I hope we will get some in depth reviews soon.

willndmb:
looks pretty good from a scan of it/specs

what I don't understand with Roland and Tascam though is why they need to come out with a new recorder over and over??
IMO if you get it right like the Sony M10 you are golden, seems these two brands are constantly releasing something new.

spyder9:
runs up to 15 hours on two AA batteries

Finally, someone, besides Sony, built a handheld recorder that can record longer than 5 1/2 hours.  It's been 12 years since the M10 debuted....    ::)

TheMetalist:

--- Quote from: willndmb on January 08, 2018, 12:20:34 PM ---what I don't understand with Roland and Tascam though is why they need to come out with a new recorder over and over??
IMO if you get it right like the Sony M10 you are golden, seems these two brands are constantly releasing something new.

--- End quote ---

I think it's great that they develop new products. Handheld recorders are less important today than a few years back as most people prefer to use their smartphones for everything. As Sony more or less has disappeared from the market I'm glad Roland and Tascam are still here for us. I have actually been a bit worried about M10 being discontinued. Hopefully R-07 will be the perfect replacement.

perks:
Love the R-05 and have found it to be more user friendly than the Sony M10.

Is there line level input on the R-07? It looks like they have moved to a single mic/aux input.  Is aux = line? and if yes why have 2 inputs on the R-05?

Micro-SD cards on the R-07 too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version