Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mic Stand/Boom Pole for a clamp?  (Read 2713 times)

Offline greenmtnsrider

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • My Shows
Mic Stand/Boom Pole for a clamp?
« on: August 27, 2014, 02:21:32 PM »
Looking to possibly clamp onto a booth at a local restaurant to mic the room rather than just the stage. Tried searching for an extension to mount to my clamp but came up short. Any recommendations?
Mics: Schoeps CMC6/mk4| AKG C414b XLII/ST| AKG c460b/ck61| AKG se300B/Ck91, Ck92, Ck93| Church Audio CA-14 (C/O)| Tascam iM2
Preamps: Lunatec V2| Shure FP24| Naiant PIPsqueak
Decks: Sound Devices Mixpre10t| Tascam Portacapture X8| Tascam DR-70d| Tascam DR-2D
Cables: GAKables XLR

Offline Ultfris101

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Spoon!!!
Mics: Schoeps MK5,MK41 CMC6,KCY,KC5 | AKG ck63,ck1 C460B,C480B | DPA 4061 | Naiant X-R card,hyper | CA-14o,c
Pres: Sound Devices USBPre2 | Naiant Tinybox | Church Audio 9200, UBB
Recs: Zoom F8 | Edirol R-44 | Sony PCM-M10 | Tascam DR-2d
Video: Sony CX550(2), CX580, HX9

LMA: http://archive.org/bookmarks/ultfris101

Offline ScoobieKW

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • ScoobieSnax Audio Archive
Re: Mic Stand/Boom Pole for a clamp?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 02:55:05 PM »
Love, Love my 099b
Pick up a rapid adapter with 3/8 thread, makes mounting your stereo bar a breeze
Busman BSC1, AT853 (O,C),KAM i2 Chuck Mod (C), Nak 300 (C),
M10, UA-5, US-1800, Presonus Firepod

http://kennedy-williams.net/scoobiesnax/

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 04:19:42 PM »
The 099B is a great piece of hardware.  If you require a shorter extension I'd also recommend the Manfrotto 122B which has an adjustable length of 21"-33.5".  If you get it as a kit with the 003 base, you can also use it for onstage/stage lip recording.  Additionally, the 099B and 122B can be connected together.

Offline hi and lo

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 04:28:24 PM »
The 099B is a great piece of hardware.  If you require a shorter extension I'd also recommend the Manfrotto 122B which has an adjustable length of 21"-33.5".  If you get it as a kit with the 003 base, you can also use it for onstage/stage lip recording.  Additionally, the 099B and 122B can be connected together.

^

A perfect summary of your options. A super clamp is also good to have for actually clamping to the booth.

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 07:14:26 PM »
Here's the knockoff version of the 012B setup for half the price:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/253077-REG/Impact_LS_3S_Two_Section_Back_Light.html/prm/alsVwDtl

Totally agree on the super clamp, it's the most useful piece of hardware I never knew I needed.  I wouldn't mess around with other brands on this though - get the Manfrotto.  It's tough as nails.  I prefer the one that comes with a short stud, especially since my stand (and the options above) already come with a reversible standard stud.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/5160-REG/Manfrotto_2909_2909_Super_Clamp_with.html

Side note - I was setting up once for a concert and the audio guy there gave me serious crap when he saw I was using a Manfrotto clamp to mount my second set of mics on my stand.  He thought it vastly inferior to Matthews, since they are what "real lighting grips use."

I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 11:55:59 PM »
^^  As far as super clamp manufacturers, the Impact version is built every bit as well as the Manfrotto, IMHO, and the parts are even interchangeable.  I've owned both and it used to be that the only practical difference between the two is the longer handle on the Manfrotto gives you a bit more leverage to tighten it, whereas the T-handle on the Impact version is a little easier to manipulate in a tight space.  Impact now also offers a long-handled version similar to the Manfrotto, making the two brands nearly identical.  Both excellent and virtually indispensable to our hobby, just a matter of preference. 

And yes, the Impact version of the 012B pole/base works just as well as the Manfrotto at half the price.  The Manfrotto version may have a little more heft to it but maybe not enough to warrant the price difference. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com