Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Trouble with Getting Proper mic Positioning on Stereo Bar  (Read 1441 times)

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
Trouble with Getting Proper mic Positioning on Stereo Bar
« on: February 21, 2006, 03:01:51 PM »

Alright, am I the only one that has a hard time getting my mics positioned the way I want on my AKG stereo bar? Or am I just an idiot?

I feel like I must be missing something. Or maybe it's the cheesy Studio Projects shock mounts I'm using for both my C4s and 390s?

I mean, I can never seem to get the shockmounts to tigher up on the 3/8" stereo bar screws in the way I need them to be pointed depending on whether I'm running XY, DIN, NOS, whatever. I tighten the shocks down, and then can't seem to finagle the direction of the mics very easily. I've tried using those little washer-like mic lock-nuts, I've used some rubber washers, and sometimes I'll just crank down on the plastic threads of the C4 mounts harder than I should just to get them firmly in position.

WTF am I doing wrong? Does anyone make a shock mount that can be rotated around and locked into position? Seemd like that would be sweet. Just crank the shockmount until it is firmly on the stereo bar, then unlock, reposition the angle left or right (not up or down, that mine can do already), and then lock them into place.

I must be confused, or does everyone deal with this problem too?
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

Roving Sign

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Trouble with Getting Proper mic Positioning on Stereo Bar
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 03:21:04 PM »
I had trouble getting my shockmouts tight on the bar also...

Not sure if its the same problem - but I fixed it with some machine brushings - basically a wide washer.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com