Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need help  (Read 3855 times)

Offline Thrak75

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Need help
« on: September 27, 2016, 11:47:16 PM »
I haven't taped a show in a long time and need some recommendations on power for my equipment. I have the following.

Tascam HD-P2
Lunatec V2
Apogee Mini-Me

I bought a Naztech PB15000 off amazon recently to test but it was  DOA.  Not sure if I should try for another one or look for something else.  Anyone have recommendations for me?  I'm trying to get it ready for the Phish shows in Grand Prairie, Texas in late October.  Plus some more shows coming up in the Houston area. 

I'd appreciate any info.  Let me know if I will need custom power cables too.  Thanks!

Offline tgakidis

• Trade Count: (552)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My Recordings on the Archive:
Re: Need help
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 12:50:43 PM »
The naztech is a great battery, too bad yours came DOA.  Did you contact the seller?

The Mini-Me & Tascam most likely can be powered with the supplied tips of most external batteries.
The V2 will require a custom 4pin xlr > Battery of your choice.

Check out this thread on Equipment, External Battery, Voltage and DC Plug Size Info, etc.  Down the bottom there is a list of batteries also.

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=150794.0
GAKables: Custom XLR, Digi & Batt Cables http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=133186.0

Mics: Schoeps CMC6 x 4, Schoeps CMC1K x 2 / Schoeps KC 5G x 2 / Schoeps MK4,MK41,MK21,MK22 x 2 / Austrian Audio OC818 Dual Set+ / Telefunken TF-11 x 2 / Telefunken ELA M 260 x 4 / Telefunken M960FS x 2 / TK60,TK61,TK62 x 2 / Telefunken M60,TK60 x 2 / AKG c426b / AKG c34 / nBob AKG Actives>PFA x 4 / CK61,CK63,CK8 x 2 / AT853 4.7k Mod (Card,Sub)
Pres: Sonosax SX-AD8+ / Sonosax SX-M2D2 / Sonosax SX-M2 / Lunatec V3
Recs: Sonosax SX-R4+ / Sound Devices MixPre-6ii / Marantz PMD-661 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F3

My Recordings: https://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%28Gakidis%29&sort=-da

Offline Thrak75

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 09:15:57 PM »
I ordered it off amazon so I just returned it.  I ordered another one and it should be here in a few days.  Hopefully this one will work.  I also ordered the talentcell to test with the Tascam.

I have my old V2 cable and charging kit.  I might be able to do something creative to get it to work.

Thanks!

stevetoney

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 07:38:05 PM »
I ordered it off amazon so I just returned it.  I ordered another one and it should be here in a few days.  Hopefully this one will work.  I also ordered the talentcell to test with the Tascam.

I have my old V2 cable and charging kit.  I might be able to do something creative to get it to work.

Thanks!

The first naztech I bought I thought was messed up until I realized the battery needed to be turned on.   :facepalm:

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 03:34:33 PM »
the tascam runs for a REAL long time with aa-sized nimh batteries in its internal battery compartment.  FWIW

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com