Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: speaker stand info  (Read 3609 times)

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Photographer:Jim Marshall - Jerry @ Woodstock
speaker stand info
« on: December 27, 2006, 11:44:23 PM »
Hi all I want to know what type of speaker stands do you all use. I need them for a set of B&W 602 S3 speakers.

-Brian 
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

coming soon Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives

Show I taped on archive.org http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deadhead6216

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline shane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: speaker stand info
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 11:24:28 AM »
I'm actually in the middle of building a set.  I just have to finish thew trim work.  Mine are very basic but the y look nice and were easy and cheap to make.  The bases are 12"x12" and the tops are 8"x8".   I used 3/4" birch plywood screwed and glued together for them (three for the bases, two for the tops).  To connect them I made a chollow column out of common pine 1x4".  Mitered the corners and nailed and glued them up.  I fixed them to the base, filled the coulmn with sand and then added the top.  I can sent you pics if you like.  Theneded up costing me a couple hours of work and about fifty bucks in material.

Shane

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 12:10:20 PM »
I can sent you pics if you like.

Shane

Post the pictures here.  I'd love to see them too.

I am currently using some tyler stands for my old infinity RS6 speakers and the seem to work well and I got them cheap (~$100) on agon.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 02:36:58 PM »
Thanks I was looking at the some stands by sound anchors and target hifi. The cool thing about the sound anchors stands is that they are made for my speakers. Shane I would love to see a pic of them. I was thinking about making a Equipment Rack.

-Brian 
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline shane

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 03:16:21 PM »
Here are some pics of the stands I built.  Its my first time trying to post pics here so I hope it works.  Keep in mind also that these stands aren't finished yet.  Basically I'm just going to trim around the bases and tops to cover the edges of the plywood and stain them.  I think they look pretty decent for a first time and no real plan.  The first pic shows them assembled dry and the second shot is the parts layed out.

Shane

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 03:29:47 PM »
nice.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 03:34:14 PM »
Grate job looking good.

BobW

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 11:20:27 PM »
I had a pair made from 4" PVC, covered in wood veneer.
Inside the PVC pipe was 1/2" threaded steel rod that held tension on the endcaps, which were about 14" square 3/4" plywood, edged in matching veneer. The top of the plywood was black-laquered.
The tubes were sand-filled.

The design was up on the InterWeb, and my luthier buddy put them together for shits and giggles.
I borrowed them for a few weeks.

Here's something close to what they look like:
http://www.ryderstep.com/?p=21

Offline Genghis Cougar Mellen Khan

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Tin Can > Wax String > Dictaphone
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 01:26:00 AM »
I was going to buy these stands for my B&W 705's but ended up getting the B&W stands.  I had them on an inexpensive lighter stands before (couldn't fill them either) and was happy with the improvement in bass response.  I prefer an 18" stand due to my listening position, they come in 12/18/24".

I haven't tried them, but they look like a good deal for just over $100.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=240-749

Anyone else with some homemade stands out there?  Thanks for sharing the pics.  :coolguy:

Maybe a couple of small scratches, but thats because these mics are chick magnets.
Girls always up on Andy tryin to grab these mics, the scratches are from their wedding rings.

CMC641 / DPA4022 / DPA4062>mod MPS6030
V3 / PMD671 / field ready DV-RA1000 / Oade W-mod PMD661 / PCM-M10

Offline shane

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 11:13:12 AM »
Got my stands finished the other day.  Thought I'd post a pic.

Shane

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 12:11:46 PM »
I have a pair of Plateu RT series for my VR-1s.  Like 'em so far.  Haven't done any stand / no stand critical listening comparisons, though.  Picked 'em up for somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 shipped.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »
they look nice.

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 03:25:27 PM »
I have the Parts Express stands in 24" for my B&W's. I just picked them up & they are a well made stand. I also had the Tyler stands in the past & prefer the looks of those over the steel but they are both of similar quality.

I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com