Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Hercules GT-XP help!  (Read 5157 times)

Offline Stumptown Matt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a happy tapir!
Hercules GT-XP help!
« on: March 06, 2003, 11:36:43 AM »
I just got a brand new Hercules GT-XP 6.1 sound card.  The retailer I bought it from stated that it would work with Windows XP.  Well it arrived yesterday and low and behold the driver cd does not have drivers for Win XP.  So I go to the website and download the drivers and I can't get them to work.  I am a complete computer idiot so anything beyond clicking when the computer tells me is dificult for me.  I know I need to uninstall the old soundcard and I think I did, but I'm not sure.  Please can someone who is familiar with Win XP and the hercules sound card help me out.  I know someone on this board runs this set up.  All I want to do is transfer my DATs to CD I'm begining to think I just need to get rid of all this computer shit and buy an external cd burner.  Peace, Matt
When cleaning out her attic, Grace found several bootleg recordings her mother had made while traveling around the world with the Grateful Dead. Grace is not permitted to sell these bootleg recordings on eBay.

"If you like the Beach Boys, you'll love Widespread Panic."    -Big Mike

"Music Sounds Better on Grass" -Clear Channel advertising

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Hercules GT-XP help!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 05:07:34 PM »
+T for asking for help, I rarely do that myself. I had a soundcard for 6 months in box before I asked for help. I am man, hear me roar. Seriously, to help you out I ll have to send ya to a friend who runs the Hercules, his name is Mike Falcon and his email is michel0749@hotmail.com. He is pretty friendly via email, downright unapproachable in person, and should be able to help ya. Hope this helps.

Trey
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Tim

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2003, 10:11:16 PM »
+T for asking for help, I rarely do that myself. I had a soundcard for 6 months in box before I asked for help. I am man, hear me roar. Seriously, to help you out I ll have to send ya to a friend who runs the Hercules, his name is Mike Falcon and his email is michel0749@hotmail.com. He is pretty friendly via email, downright unapproachable in person, and should be able to help ya. Hope this helps.

Trey

So many funny things in just that one post! +T

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2003, 01:19:48 PM »
I run the set up myself. You need to uninstall the other sound card. Or at least the program it uses. XP is smart enough to recognise the new card and it should not need the newest drivers. Although it's a good idea to get them from Hercules's site. When I first hooked mine up I needed to take out the on board sound drivers and it worked fine. I think I posted a response to the oade board about this as well. Goto the control panel and uninstall the program the original card was using. Let me know if you need more help.
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

DaryanLenz

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2003, 10:46:18 PM »
How were you able to disable onboard sound drivers?  Mine get recognized all the time, and I would love to have them turned off!

Daryan

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2003, 08:55:48 AM »
WHat I had to do when I got mine was look for the audio device for the on board sound and simply disabled the device (in the device manager). So I really did not unistall the old drivers, just made it so it was not working.
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com