Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone else think free Audition 3 is screwing with other programs?  (Read 2328 times)

runonce

• Trade Count: (0)
I know some of the Cool Edit folks had trouble...

I just rebuilt this machine - added Audition...and Audacity 2.0.3.

I cant get Audacity to perform the simplest tasks without locking up. (like amplifying 3 minutes of 16 bit audio)

Audacity 1.3 worked fine - but I didnt have Audition on then.

All I did was swap a HD...

stevetoney

Re: Anyone else think free Audition 3 is screwing with other programs?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 02:51:54 PM »
I just rebuilt this machine - added Audition...and Audacity 2.0.3.

I cant get Audacity to perform the simplest tasks without locking up. (like amplifying 3 minutes of 16 bit audio)

I had this same thing happen when I had 3.0 installed several years ago.  My machine became unstable as hell.  I attributed it to 3.0 being RAM intense...I think I read that somewhere, but I'm not sure if it's that or something else.

If Audition 1.0 or 1.5 is also available for free, I would use that if I were you.  When I reverted back to using 1.5, my machine worked fine again.

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 08:51:06 PM »
It definitely requires CPU/RAM power.  What kind of machine are you running it on?

adrianf74

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 07:08:00 PM »
It definitely requires CPU/RAM power.  What kind of machine are you running it on?

And has the OP installed the patch for 3.0.1?  I've had *ZERO* issues on a clean install.

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 09:01:33 PM »

And has the OP installed the patch for 3.0.1?  I've had *ZERO* issues on a clean install.

Thar's a patch??.......arrrrrrgh.
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.092 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com