Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: UV22HR VST or DirectX plugin?  (Read 3795 times)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
UV22HR VST or DirectX plugin?
« on: October 08, 2005, 12:37:04 AM »
Anyone know of a VST or DirectX plugin implementation of UV22HR?  It can be solo, or in a package (for example, I had pick up iZotope's Ozone plugin bundle to get MegaBitMax, aka MBIT+).  I tried copying the Wavelab dir's UV22HR.DLL, but it's protected from use outside of Wavelab.  I've found (at least for the time being) that I prefer CEP, but I'd like to have the option to run UV22HR within CEP.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • half dead batteries
Re: UV22HR VST or DirectX plugin?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 08:33:23 AM »
I thought the UV22HR was .VST....

I do know that it has to be licensed from Apogee so that is probably why it is "protected".
I wonder if there is a seperate/unique .dll for each windows app that licenses it UV22HR?

the water's clean and innocent

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 09:42:14 AM »
I wonder if there is a seperate/unique .dll for each windows app that licenses it UV22HR?

to my knowledge, Wavelab is the only windows app that licenses uv22hr.  as far as trying to get it to work in Cool Edit, I think you may be out of luck.
hopefully I'm wrong on this, because I also like using Cool Edit.

Offline tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 02:33:51 PM »
I'm wondering why you both prefer CEP?

I know I used to prefer it too, simply because it was the first editor I used and I was used to the interface. The first time I used wavelab it seemed clunky and counter-intuitive.

I finally forced myself to use it because of some of the features (batch processing, UV22HR) are neat. Not to mention WL is a lot faster. It's now my primary editor, although I do still keep CEP on my machine...

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 03:10:13 PM »

I know I used to prefer it too, simply because it was the first editor I used and I was used to the interface. The first time I used wavelab it seemed clunky and counter-intuitive.

I finally forced myself to use it because of some of the features (batch processing, UV22HR) are neat. Not to mention WL is a lot faster. It's now my primary editor, although I do still keep CEP on my machine...

<1>  WL's clunky UI v. CEP's UI (part better UI, part I'm accustomed to it)
<2>  WL choking on large files when using 32b processing resolution v. CEP handling 32b processing resolution just fine for large files
<3>  Though I'm not done with the comp yet, pretty sure UV22HR won't be my dither of choice for most of my recordings, so no need to use WL for that function
<4>  While WL is faster, if I'm working with big, big files - in either case (WL or CEP) I'm going to switch over to another task while I wait for it to finish.  So waiting a bit longer for CEP doesn't really matter to me.

Roland R-05

Offline JasonSobel

• My show list
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 03:33:46 PM »

well, technically, I'm using Cool Edit 2000, not CEP.  but basically the same.  the reason for me is because its what I've always used and I'm used to.  I've been thinking of making a switch, and one of these days I'll probably do it :)   but, just FYI, Cool Edit also has batch processing, and it is very helpful :)

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 10:09:44 PM »

<1>  WL's clunky UI v. CEP's UI (part better UI, part I'm accustomed to it)
<2>  WL choking on large files when using 32b processing resolution v. CEP handling 32b processing resolution just fine for large files
<3>  Though I'm not done with the comp yet, pretty sure UV22HR won't be my dither of choice for most of my recordings, so no need to use WL for that function
<4>  While WL is faster, if I'm working with big, big files - in either case (WL or CEP) I'm going to switch over to another task while I wait for it to finish.  So waiting a bit longer for CEP doesn't really matter to me.

I thought you liked the UV22HR dithering best. If not, what was your preference?
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 09:17:38 AM »
I thought you liked the UV22HR dithering best. If not, what was your preference?

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=51478.0  :)
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com