Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: please help me identify these stand adapters  (Read 2074 times)

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
please help me identify these stand adapters
« on: April 19, 2008, 02:51:23 PM »
hi, i just recently ordered a rowi clamp and a bogen 3373 that have different adapters than i'm used to.  i'm really confused.  can someone help me identify them so i can order extras?

photos #1 and #2 are of the adapter from the top of the bogen 3373.   using micsupply's stand accessories page as a reference (http://www.micsupply.com/standaccessories.htm), i think it might be a 5/8 to 3/8 adapter.  (for the record, i do have a tape measure and i've tried measuring, but the interior of the adapter where the threads make contact doesn't come out to exactly 5/8 or 3/8ths of an inch, hence my confusion!)

photos #3 and #4 are of the adapter from the tip of the rowi 103 clamp.  again using micsupply's stand accessories page as a reference, i think it might be the 3/8>5/8 adapter.

here's the thing:  while the small male tip (presumably 3/8") fits into the female end of the silver adapter, the male threading of the silver adapter does NOT fit into the female end of the brass adapter.

if this helps, the silver adapter from the rowi clamp fits into the bottom of the schoeps A20 shockmount.

and one last thing:  photo #5.  i've got a windtech clamp but it's lacking the brass stud.  does anyone know who sells replacements?  it's not the same as a superclamp stud, i already tried that.  i don't see anything on micsupply's accessories page that matches what i'm looking for.

can anyone help me?  i'd sure appreciate it.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 02:53:33 PM by sleepypedro »

Offline rowjimmytour

• Trade Count: (3)
    • My LMA bookmarks
Re: please help me identify these stand adapters
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 02:57:39 PM »
Pic 1 and 2 is 5/8 to 3/8 adapter
pic 3,4 looks like 1/4 to 5/8 adapter
http://www.archive.org/bookmarNo
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 03:08:19 PM »
Pic 1 and 2 is 5/8 to 3/8 adapter
pic 3,4 looks like 1/4 to 5/8 adapter

" only way to know for sure is to take the fittings to your local hardware store/home center and use a thread pitch guage and bolt size template

wrt the the stud for the windtech, afaik they are not available seperately. I was looking for one a week or so ago and stopped at my local specialty music store. The owner knew what I was talking about and recalled seeing them in an old catalog. No longer listed in the new catalogs and none of his distributors got back with him saying they were still available. He tried Signal Flex, Atlas and St Louis Music. Guitar Center or some other national chain may have them but there isn't a GC within a reasonable drive for me so I haven't checked.

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
    • My cd List
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 03:13:18 PM »
hi, i just recently ordered a rowi clamp and a bogen 3373 that have different adapters than i'm used to.  i'm really confused.  can someone help me identify them so i can order extras?

photos #1 and #2 are of the adapter from the top of the bogen 3373.   using micsupply's stand accessories page as a reference (http://www.micsupply.com/standaccessories.htm), i think it might be a 5/8 to 3/8 adapter.  (for the record, i do have a tape measure and i've tried measuring, but the interior of the adapter where the threads make contact doesn't come out to exactly 5/8 or 3/8ths of an inch, hence my confusion!)

photos #3 and #4 are of the adapter from the tip of the rowi 103 clamp.  again using micsupply's stand accessories page as a reference, i think it might be the 3/8>5/8 adapter.

here's the thing:  while the small male tip (presumably 3/8") fits into the female end of the silver adapter, the male threading of the silver adapter does NOT fit into the female end of the brass adapter.

if this helps, the silver adapter from the rowi clamp fits into the bottom of the schoeps A20 shockmount.

and one last thing:  photo #5.  i've got a windtech clamp but it's lacking the brass stud.  does anyone know who sells replacements?  it's not the same as a superclamp stud, i already tried that.  i don't see anything on micsupply's accessories page that matches what i'm looking for.

can anyone help me?  i'd sure appreciate it.

1,2 = 3/8>1/4
3,4 = 1/4>5/8
5 = just buy another windtech, there are really cheap and you can't get a replacement stud.
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
    • My cd List
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 03:17:52 PM »
Ok so not really cheap, but $15.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/298908-REG/Windtech_MPC_10_Multi_Position_C_Type_Clamp.html

And the 3373 that I bought in December came with that adapter as well (3/8>1/4). I just keep a bunch of 3/8>5/8 adapters in the bag as well as one in my A20. And for the Windtech, I have a few 5/8>3/8 adapters.
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

Offline John Willett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 04:47:15 AM »
It's difficult to tell from the pictures.

The top one is either 1/2" (Neumann) to 3/8" or 3/8" to 1/4" (camera).

The bottom one is either 5/8" (USA) to 3/8" or 5/8" (USA) to 1/4" (camera).

Unfortunately I am not sure if the smallest thread is 1/4" or 3/8"

I hope this helps.

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 11:57:57 AM »
keep the old windtech clamp for an umbrella
you take off the fat handle and the stem slides right in
bam umbrella clamp
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com