Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: So... What IS a w00k?  (Read 8023 times)

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
So... What IS a w00k?
« on: April 08, 2004, 11:58:49 AM »
I hear the term, but I really don't know.

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

Offline teajay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re:So... What IS a w00k?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 12:02:38 PM »
Look at the pics, it's self explanatory

http://www.w00ks.org/gallery/
Save a tree, eat a beaver

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 12:18:33 PM »
I thought that may be it... The kind that dance in front of you flailing nasty dreads tword your beer... then smack you with it.  Nothing more pleasant than getting smaked with a beer soaked dread
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

Offline Swampy

• You Worthless Swampy Fool
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 12:24:49 PM »
I thought that may be it... The kind that dance in front of you flailing nasty dreads tword your beer... then smack you with it.  Nothing more pleasant than getting smaked with a beer soaked dread

And then after that they say, "Its all good dOOd"

But its not all good cause they have their nasty-ass dredies in your face! Fucking wOOks!

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 12:34:38 PM »
That actually happend to me at a Wu show recently.  This nasty w00k-chick thought she should be entitled to do her full-on w00k dance in a shoulder to shoulder crowd.  I dumped what was left of my tainted beer down her back the next time whe swirled my way.  She then finally moved.  Non-taping venue, so no major disaters.  Blew a $5 beer though!
Matt

Offline mattb

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Yo.
    • Matt's Page
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 12:45:52 PM »
Sounds like $5 well-spent though.
AT933s (C/H/O) > AT8531s > UA-5 > H120 (Rockboxed)

Offline teajay

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2004, 12:53:49 PM »

And then after that they say, "Its all good dOOd"

But its not all good cause they have their nasty-ass dredies in your face! Fucking wOOks!

don't forget the "brah" in there...
Save a tree, eat a beaver

Offline Sloan Simpson

• Trade Count: (1)
    • Southern Shelter
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2004, 02:22:34 PM »
Non-taping venue, so no major disaters.  

Non-taping venue ?!?!  Boo!  Hiss!!
Sloan

(+T for striking back with the beer)

Offline adventuregeorge

• Taperssection Member
  • Work, play hard, and... Drink Milk!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2004, 02:45:18 PM »
Not all W00ks are bad...

As taping  rat dog show a couple of weeks ago and this hot chick was dancing in front of me. I was standing in front  of my taping gear and the chick fell back into me.  Like a good guy I caught her, THEN she took MY  hand and began feeling her up with IT!!!  I was like woohoo!!,  I tried to get Brian Costigan attention, but I don't think he saw it.

Morale of the story..... get behind a "hot chick" who is dancing and wait until she falls, then catch her!!!  ;D

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2004, 03:19:25 PM »
Non-taping venue, so no major disaters.  

Non-taping venue ?!?!  Boo!  Hiss!!
Sloan

(+T for striking back with the beer)

Eagles/Rave in Milwaukee.  They didn't even let me bring my digi in... spread-em, pat down, metal detector, turn your head and cough... the whole 9 yards!  Unbelievable for a tape friendly band!  But, hey... I had to see the WU!  Then I went back there for Dillon a few weeks later, and hardly any problem for a NON tape friendly band.  I could have easily stealthed it.  Gotta wonder.  Maybe I will end up with a stealth rig some day.  
     The wu show was cool.  The guitar player from cornmeal was playing slide guitar with a newcastle bottle.  He sucked on all the Wu songs that he didn't know, but he ripped it up on the covers.  It would have been a nice recording to have.

Matt

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2004, 03:27:05 PM »
That must be new for the Rave...I've seen plenty of full-rig tapes from there the last few years. ???
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline L Ron Hoover

• "I figure the odds be 50/50"
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2004, 03:31:05 PM »
Those security ass-clowns don't know what's up at the Rave. They definately need to be set straight on occasion.

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2004, 03:37:39 PM »
Signs all over the walls " no taping, cameras, and no friggin fun"  However thoes were the only 2 times I've ever been there, and the night of the wu there were 6 local bands there as well.  Maybe at a typical tapefriendly band concert they allow it.

Offline mgleason007

• Taperssection Member
  • Mmmmm, yummy
    • My Bootleg List
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2004, 03:38:26 PM »
Not all W00ks are bad...

As taping  rat dog show a couple of weeks ago and this hot chick was dancing in front of me. I was standing in front  of my taping gear and the chick fell back into me.  Like a good guy I caught her, THEN she took MY  hand and began feeling her up with IT!!!  I was like woohoo!!,  I tried to get Brian Costigan attention, but I don't think he saw it.

Morale of the story..... get behind a "hot chick" who is dancing and wait until she falls, then catch her!!!  ;D

I think that falls more under the category of "hot chick" then Wook.
Mike

Offline BCostigan

• I can resist everything except temptation
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Loose Lucy is my delight
    • GranitePhotography
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2004, 05:34:13 PM »
Not all W00ks are bad...

Was that the chick with the dark dreads??    I didn't see that but she was hammered and not too shabby for a wOOk.  

I wish random chicks....even not shabby wOOk chicks, would help me feel thier breasticles. :P
"A Hippie is someone who walks like Tarzan, looks like Jane, and smells like Cheetah."  ~Ronald Reagan

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.191 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com