Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: So... What IS a w00k?  (Read 8022 times)

Offline InfiniteOhms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • LMA Uploads
Re:So... What IS a w00k?
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2004, 10:03:39 PM »
Im curious ... would you guys consider me a w00k? I have Dreds to my shoulders and wear my cloths until i think they are dirty / worn out (thats 2 different situations) and i ride my bike more then i drive a car. BUT i dont due drugs or drink and i certainly would never say "brah" ... not to mention i'm actuly offended when people assume im either a hippy or a democrat. Plus for a bonus anti-wook point im a full fledged taper.
ADK A-51s LE's > Oade W-mod UA-5 > Zoom H4n Pro if I bother to drag out a full rig. More often just the H4N Pro. My LMA tapes

Offline Chanher

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Colorado Crew
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2004, 11:26:58 PM »
yeah I hate to see people associate wooks with simply appearance, I prefer to associate them with riciculously ignorant behavior.  for example, my first experience with "wooks" were this very "non-hippy" couple that was heavily under the influence and "dancing" (unpredictable, erratic stomping) one foot away from my stand with consistent bumpage. very wook-like.
Line Audio CM4 / AT853Rx (c,h,o) / Studio Projects C4 MKII (c,h,o)
Sound Devices MP-2 / bm2p+ Edirol UA-5
Zoom F3 / F6 / Marantz Oade Warm Mod PMD661 / Tascam DR-70D

Offline ToddL

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I feel more like I did a while ago than I do now.
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2004, 11:27:12 PM »
Yep... W00k.  No... just kidding - it all has to do with how you present yourself and what impression you give off.

Offline setboy

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2004, 12:12:25 AM »
so its not all people with dreads its only some?
Raphael

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2004, 01:29:41 PM »
Im curious ... would you guys consider me a w00k? I have Dreds to my shoulders and wear my cloths until i think they are dirty / worn out (thats 2 different situations)
[snipped]

Plus for a bonus anti-wook point im a full fledged taper.

Yeah... I got the wook-like appearance too...  I think that nickname for those people is really funny...

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline mirth

• Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2004, 02:16:29 PM »
There's a difference between wearing your clothes until completely worn out or dirty versus specifically not washing them (or yourself, for that matter).
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline Charlies

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2004, 03:04:47 PM »

Hey that looks like "Vince Garcia" or "Jerry Welnick" in the bottom right-hand corner of that photo!!
AKG ck61/2/3->JK Labs actives and DVC V20->722
M148, Minime, Mod SBM-1, M1

Offline InfiniteOhms

• Taperssection Member
    • LMA Uploads
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2004, 04:43:21 PM »
moke: I might just have to smack anyone who called Ras Michael (i assume thats who you speak of) a w00k.
ADK A-51s LE's > Oade W-mod UA-5 > Zoom H4n Pro if I bother to drag out a full rig. More often just the H4N Pro. My LMA tapes

Offline teakwoodbetz

• Taperssection Newbie
  • Fat Bill will die a virgin.
    • http://db.etree.org/teakwoodbetz/
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2004, 05:41:39 PM »
I went to an addison groove project and the bridge show in towson, md a month ago, and i got the guys from AGP to sign a poster. I was helping my friend take down his rig and this female wook walked over to the table, which was empty besides the poster and my jacket, and starting poking through all of my shit. i was just staring at her from one foot away as her smelly as was doing this. she started to take the poster and i grabbed her arm and said thats mine. she looked at me and then back at the poster about ten times and finally she just said oh, right onnnn and walked off in a drugged stupor. only a wookie

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com