Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Got my mics.....  (Read 1874 times)

Offline Rich.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Leeds, England.
Got my mics.....
« on: May 13, 2004, 11:44:12 AM »
Hey guys, thanks for all your help, I got a pair of cardioid mics in the end with bass roll off and a batt box.

Right, im gona be taping my first show tomorrow (incubus) and a little help would be appreciated. Im not looking to get a amazing recording or even expect one thats gonna come out any good. Maybe with a little more help from you it will be that little bit better.

Ive been testing the mics out just recording my stereo, im blasting the music out and the mics are picking it up real nice sound quality wise, but its real quiet. Is there a way I can turn up the volume. I understand you can pause the MD then fiddle around with the volume control but I dont know how to do this. Anyway will this really matter since the music is gonna be deafaning tomorrow anyway?

Thanks, you lot have got me this far so kudos to all thats helped me.

Cheers, Rich.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re:Got my mics.....
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 11:49:49 AM »
There's a thread in the archives about adjusting the record volume on MD recorders, I believe.

If its a Sony, download the manual and look for 'manual recording'
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 11:50:18 AM by pfife »
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 12:19:19 PM »
it's a sony! we warned you!

rec > pause > menu > rec. level > manual > + & -

probably gonna want to turn it all the way up if you only have a battery box and are going line in on the MD.  You might have to do this everytime you power the thing on?? I don't remember.

get good at changing it without looking at the deck cuz you'll have to do it in the dark

good fucking luck!

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 01:49:05 PM »
it's a sony! we warned you!

rec > pause > menu > rec. level > manual > + & -

probably gonna want to turn it all the way up if you only have a battery box and are going line in on the MD.  You might have to do this everytime you power the thing on?? I don't remember.

get good at changing it without looking at the deck cuz you'll have to do it in the dark

good fucking luck!

I used to use my cell phone for light, but I wasn't really ever stealthing...
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Rich.

• Taperssection Regular
  • Leeds, England.
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 02:07:06 PM »
My phone has a flashlight :P

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com