Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Using North American JB3 Power Supply In London & Amsterdam?  (Read 1467 times)

Offline BradM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
I'm going to Europe next week, Amsterdam for about 5 days, then London for about 3 more, and want to take my JB3 (+ small mics & battery box) with me to record a couple of shows (Akron/Family in Amsterdam on May 17, The Olympic Symphonium + Share in London on May 20), but the batteries won't last the whole trip, so I'll need to recharge them.

The Creative power supply's label says

MODEL NO: TESA1-050250
INPUT: 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz Max 0.32A

and I have an adaptor for UK outlets (not a transformer, just from the three pins of UK wall outlets to North American style). Am I right in thinking that I'll be OK using the power supply in London? (If I could use it in Amsterdam, too, that'd be nice, but I think it'd require a different adaptor; my base plan is to record Akron/Family and leave the JB3 needing a recharge until I get to London.)

Thanks,
Brad
2015-07

03 / Pokey Lafarge / Ottawa, ON / Ritual
11 / PleasureCraft / Ottawa, ON / Irene's Pub

Offline aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Using North American JB3 Power Supply In London & Amsterdam?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 09:00:25 PM »
UK and the Netherlands require different adapters (although there are all-in-ones that have both).  But I think your power supply is OK for either country; you can find an adapter for Amsterdam for $5 or $10...

Maybe I'll see you there...The "Oude Zaal" at Melkweg is a pretty good place for a show...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com