Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New Tascam Videorecorder  (Read 3239 times)

Offline carpa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
New Tascam Videorecorder
« on: January 30, 2013, 04:40:59 AM »
Here's a new product from Tascam   http://tascam.com/product/dr-v1hd/

It's a handheld video recorder. The third on the market after Zoom Q3hd and Olympus LS 20m.   It seems similar, apart from the fact that it can move the camera and mics.

The video and audio quality's supposed to be the same level as the others on the market.   Mic ext. and Line inputs also but ( like the others) consumer level  -10 db.

I think some other gear will creep out, as it happened some years ago in audio recorders.  I'd like to see a video recorder with XLR inputs  or  at least a  line in accepting a hotter signal  ( like edirol r09hr or Sony D10) to be used with an external preamp.

Offline flintstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: New Tascam Videorecorder
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 12:07:23 PM »
Interesting.  MSRP appears to be $300. 

The DR-V1HD records video in 720P format.  The Zoom Q3HD ($200) and the Olympus LS20M ($250) record video in 1080p (aka full hd).

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 12:16:24 AM »
Thats badass
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline carpa

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 03:48:14 AM »
I say again that I don't understand why something like  Marantz pdm 661 or Olympus Ls 100 ecc. with a video option hasn't been released yet, just adding a video section like a 250$  camera.

I wouldn't mind paying extra 200$ for such a piece of all-in-one gear.....This would mean decent video quality with no syncing needs in post, and audio flexibility ( internal or external mics and preamps ).

If somebody does this he will sell a bunch...!

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:05:30 AM »
I say again that I don't understand why something like  Marantz pdm 661 or Olympus Ls 100 ecc. with a video option hasn't been released yet, just adding a video section like a 250$  camera.

I wouldn't mind paying extra 200$ for such a piece of all-in-one gear.....This would mean decent video quality with no syncing needs in post, and audio flexibility ( internal or external mics and preamps ).

why wouldn't you just use a camcorder and run a patch from the audio recorder the the camcorder?
I'll never buy a camcorder without mic in again. The time saved and lack of issues dubbing is so worth it
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline carpa

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 03:22:22 PM »
@willndmb
I'm afraid that most camcorders with a mic in suffer from an Auto Limiter which is bad. If it was a line in also there would be a double DAC conversion...

Offline kenyee

• Taperssection Newbie
wish they'd just do a DR-100MkIII
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 09:39:47 PM »
with four channel support.

Weird that no one released any new audio-only recorders at NAMM this year.  I figured the H4n was due for an update as well as the DR-100MkII.

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 02:24:05 AM »

pro cameras have xlr in, but I don't think you're willing to spend that much on the cameras.

I'd be fine with a consumer level cam with mic in or line in and the ability to disable any auto settings.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 04:27:04 AM »
The problem with all these devices is lack of normal video controls - not least the ability to do an optical zoom.  So your picture framing is totally dependent on how near or far you are able to get from the subject.  Now a proper dslr with proper optics coupled with the audio side of one of these devices would be something...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.188 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com