Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M Audio Flash Tracker Recorder Update  (Read 54967 times)

Offline cascademedia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
M Audio Flash Tracker Recorder Update
« on: May 23, 2005, 04:56:44 PM »
just spoke to M-Audio and here is the latest:

- First 1000 Shipping at the end of June for delivery in early July

- MAP Price (street) will be $399

- It will accomodate any size CF Card so 2 GB file size should not be an issue

We are at the top of their list for first orders and I expect to get a significant amount of these as soon as they ship which should fill the current wait list and more.  I do not think this will be like Sound Devices where we get a few at a time.   

- Frank

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: M Audio Flash Tracker Recorder Update
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 04:58:08 PM »
awesome;D
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline keepongoin

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 05:13:47 PM »
yes!   :) :) :)

i just wish that CF memory was cheaper.
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline Tim

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 05:15:47 PM »
yes! :) :) :)

that's the major drawback at this point but prices are dropping... recording 24/48 until prices fall is a possible way to save money

I know somewhere is a chart with 24 bit audio and the amount of GB's needed at given sample rates for a given period of time but I can't seem to find it, anyone know where that is?
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 05:16:14 PM »
sweet, look forward to seeing this one
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
    • LMA
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 05:17:39 PM »

that's the major drawback at this point but prices are dropping... recording 24/48 until prices fall is a possible way to save money

I know somewhere is a chart with 24 bit audio and the amount of GB's needed at given sample rates for a given period of time but I can't seem to find it, anyone know where that is?

24/48 = approx 1 GB per hour
24/96 = approx 2 GB per hour
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Beyer mc950 / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 05:19:38 PM »
you can score 2GB microdrives for around $100-$125...and they keep falling in price...just need to know where to look, really not too bad when you look at how much 2GB of say flash media would cost
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline Tim

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 05:20:57 PM »

thank you Craig, much appreciated!

Offline keepongoin

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 05:21:23 PM »

From the archive, by Bri...

Want to know what size your 16-bit or 24-bit files will be on hard drive at different sample rates?  Here you go...

Bit-Depth      Sample Rate (in kHz)       MB Per Track-Minute
16                  44.1                                 5
16                  48                                    5.5
24                  44.1                                 7.6
24                  48                                    8.25
24                  96                                    16.5
24                  192                                  33

A typical CD-R can hold just over 21 track minutes of 24/96 audio...

i may have to buy one of these suckers and a few 2 or 4 GB flash drives...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 05:24:27 PM by keepongoin' »
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

Offline Tim

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 05:23:54 PM »
+T to you too :)

Offline keepongoin

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005, 05:26:09 PM »
took me a couple minutes of searching, but it was right at the bottom of the page in there.

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline keepongoin

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2005, 05:34:44 PM »
ouch:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820171091

yeah, that is what I am talking about.  not terribly cost effective right now, but maybe in a year that card will be 200 bucks?

things have changed so much with computers since I bought my first one (486 66mhz with 16 megs of ran and a 2x CD-ROM) 11.5 years ago... and memory of all types is just getting cheaper and cheaper.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 05:37:44 PM by keepongoin' »

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
    • The Breakfast
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2005, 05:51:53 PM »
If you consider taping at 16/48 (as a DAT replacement) then this thing is a bargain.

I have a 512 MB Sandisk card for my camera so the fact that these are interchangeable is sweet. But I would need to go to at least 4GB card to even think about doing 24/48 (what I do now)

I want to leave my laptop at home so bad I hope these things test out OK
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2005, 05:53:40 PM »
...looks like the wave of the future is knocking on our taper doorsteps.  who's gonna answer?

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.104 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com