Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack Bug Report  (Read 53935 times)

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Jokell
Re: Microtrack Bug Report
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2005, 10:42:42 AM »
My bug report:

SPDIF only works at 16/48.  That's a *huge* issue.
Recording stops at 2gigs

Already mentioned, I know, but I feel it needs repeating amongst the feature requests in this thread. ;)
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline sunrisemusic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2005, 12:48:52 PM »
1. Only able to monitor the recording level when actually recording (analog in of course). Rec/Pause mode and Stop mode loses all level monitoring and audio monitoring. I'm not finding any kind of Rec Standby mode at all. This means I wind up with a recording level test file that I don't want/need and will have to delete later, plus it means there will always be a delay between setting up monitoring and enabling recording.

2. Annoying glitch/pop in headphones when saving recordings, and sometimes also when beginning recordings. I heard this problem on another unit besides mine. Called tech support, they seem to be aware of the issue.

Offline neutrino

• Taperssection Member
  • **Team Chicago**
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2005, 01:01:28 PM »
1. Only able to monitor the recording level when actually recording (analog in of course). Rec/Pause mode and Stop mode loses all level monitoring and audio monitoring. I'm not finding any kind of Rec Standby mode at all. This means I wind up with a recording level test file that I don't want/need and will have to delete later, plus it means there will always be a delay between setting up monitoring and enabling recording.

2. Annoying glitch/pop in headphones when saving recordings, and sometimes also when beginning recordings. I heard this problem on another unit besides mine. Called tech support, they seem to be aware of the issue.

Regarding monitoring the recording level: You also can not see the recorded level on playback, so you have no idea if the file contains actual audio unless you have headphones to monitor.
dB-
CA14/OM14 > A10
Sony SBM-1 Oade mod

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2005, 06:29:26 PM »
damn, jb3 is staying w/ me for AWHILE longer

figured this thing would 'poop' on us!
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline neutrino

• Taperssection Member
  • **Team Chicago**
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2005, 06:34:07 PM »
I don't think it's "pooped" on us yet... at least for those who aren't using an outboard adc and hoping to use the MT as a storage device.  ;)
dB-
CA14/OM14 > A10
Sony SBM-1 Oade mod

Offline MoFo2

• Taperssection Regular
  • Learning how to tape
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2005, 06:38:57 PM »
I thought I would replace my JB3 for a MT, but some of these problems are making me wait a little more. Freezing for no apparent reason and low battery time, as stealth taping wasn't nervebreaking enough for me, I have to worry about these issues.

... but I really want one...  :P

MoFo2

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2005, 06:42:00 PM »
I thought I would replace my JB3 for a MT, but some of these problems are making me wait a little more. Freezing for no apparent reason and low battery time, as stealth taping wasn't nervebreaking enough for me, I have to worry about these issues.

MoFo2

my

MoFo2
thoughts exactly bud!

sorry to highjack teh bug thread, im leaving now.....
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2005, 03:11:08 AM »
REC/Pause mode with visual levels and the ability to change the levels is missing. This function is just like a DAT or tape deck from teh old days; very useful!
Currently one can only change levels while recording (writing to a file).

Offline dylygruvn

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2005, 10:36:10 AM »
I am having a problem with setting levels.

On a fully charged unit I connected the 1/8" input on the MT to the 1/8" headphone jack on my mini-me.  It was working fine.  I could set levels and increase or decrease them with no problem when I was recording.

Later I tried to repeat this and I could no longer change the levels.  Even if I turned the unit off and back on, or started a new file I was not able to change the levels.  Sure the triangular indicators would move up and down but this had no effect on the levels displayed. 

I then tried the stereo mic that came with the MT and the same thing happened.  I was not able to change the levels. 

I even tried changing the settings on the H/M/L switch to see if this would do anything (I know the manual doesn't imply this is supposed to have an effect on the 1/8" input but wanted to try anyways) and it had no effect.

This was the second time that this has happened to me.  It also happened the first time I tried the unit.  I could set levels initially, increase or decrease during recording, but on subsequent files I could no longer change levels when recording.

It's like the level switch is locking up.  It appears that somehow the level switch was reset when I tried it again, a few days after the first time it happened.  It worked for a short period of time and then locked up again.  I don't know how it was reset.

I am also having a hard time playing files stored on the MT.  It does work but I can't figure out what's happening.  I can get to the file list and select a file but it does not easily open.  I have to keep hitting the selector button over and over and the file will usually not open but then all of a sudden a file may start to play, but it is usually the first one in the list and not the one that I have highlighted. 

Also, if I have a lot of files stored on the MT, more than will fit in the display window, I cannot select any file other than the ones at the top of the list.  The selector cycles through the files shown in the window but it will not move down to the second page of files (i.e. the ones with higher numbers).

I really would like to be able to monitor levels without recording.  I hope this issue is addressed too. 

Offline neutrino

• Taperssection Member
  • **Team Chicago**
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2005, 11:18:56 AM »
I'm having the same issue here with playing back files I've selected. I have noticed that the l/m/h switch is not a live active switch. Meaning, once you engage a recording, the unit will not recognize a change in the position of the switch unless you perform a reboot.
dB-
CA14/OM14 > A10
Sony SBM-1 Oade mod

Offline sunrisemusic

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2005, 12:33:14 PM »
A workaround for playing back files - open any file and use the scroll (pause) button to scroll up or down thru the files. A bit of a pain if you have many many files, but at least you can get to them.

I'm pretty sure I was able to change the switch in stop mode and have it be active, though it didn't register if I did this in while actually recording. I'll retest that and if there's anything different I'll let you know.

Offline rdvdijk

• Taperssection Regular
    • Rust Radio
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2005, 12:43:40 PM »
Here's the list of bugs so far, I've tried to eliminate the 'feature requests', and filter out the true bugs:

bugs:
  • no 24bit S/PDIF
  • unit freezing up at random
  • M/L/H switch is reversed
  • 30v max on Phantom on stead of advertised 48v
  • battery life seems to be falling well short of advertised life
  • some sort of problem with the "first file"
  • 2GB file limit
  • no D/A during digital in (for monitoring)
  • no level monitoring on pause/stop
  • annoying glitch/pop in headphones when saving recordings, and sometimes also when beginning recordings

Did I miss some?

Roel
"Obviously Doing Well.."

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2005, 01:00:59 PM »

I wouldn't consider those bugs.  The last two are definitely feature requests.  As for the 30v instead of 48v, as far as I know that was up for debate.  Something about needing a draw?  I'm not an expert at that stuff, but to my knowledge no one has even tried to use it yet - so I'm not sure we can even call it a bug.

As for the battery, that's life.  My cell phone claimed a standby time of 10 days - guess how many times it's hit that mark...
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline oleg

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a proud Jew
    • you can find me here
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2005, 02:33:25 PM »
Here's the list of bugs so far, I've tried to eliminate the 'feature requests', and filter out the true bugs:

bugs:
  • no 24bit S/PDIF
  • unit freezing up at random
  • M/L/H switch is reversed
  • some sort of problem with the "first file"
  • 2GB file limit
  • annoying glitch/pop in headphones when saving recordings, and sometimes also when beginning recordings

Did I miss some?

Roel

the 1/8 input issue ( mike , line, dont work, dont change levels)

about not to able monitoring digital input or changing the levels on pause mode or presents of phantom in line input  we can call really  stupid design issue
oleg kaizerman(gebe)hollyland
kaizeroaudio-rentals -sound for film/tv sales

schoepses, gefells, sankens, sennheisers....all kind of shit ....ends with deva 16  fusion ,zfr,788, 744, hhb
http://groups.google.com/group/sellbuyexchange-film-videoaudiogear

Offline deadhoarse

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2005, 02:59:55 PM »
660 mb partition would be nice 2 for these who burn CD later

This isn't a bug, and it's not a good idea either.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.09 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com