Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: PMD660 battery door problem  (Read 1605 times)

Offline phr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
PMD660 battery door problem
« on: December 09, 2006, 07:21:12 PM »
I just encountered this with my pmd660 that I hadn't used for a while: closing the CF door presses the door against the CF ejection button and partially ejects the card.  The door doesn't close all the way and can pop open, which shuts off the recorder.  The PMD660 comes with a screw that lets you close the door securely (so you have to remove the screw to open the door) but I don't want to use that since 1) I generally remove the card to transfer files to a computer with a CF card reader instead of using the recorder's much slower USB 1.1 port; 2) Having the card partially ejected under the door (i.e. not seated completely on the contact pins inside) still doesn't sound so great; 3) I think I've lost the screw anyway.

Anyone else experience this?  I don't see how it could have just happened, so maybe I've had this all the time without noticing. But maybe it's gotten worse than before somehow.

Offline Mike R.

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: PMD660 battery door problem
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 11:08:11 AM »

I've seen this occasionally.  I think it happens if you don't press the eject button *all the way in* when you eject the card.  If you don't press the button all the way in to eject the card, when you put the card back in, the button pops back up so that when you close the door, it pushes the button again.

If you *do* press the eject button all the way in, it doesn't pop up when you replace the card and all is happy.

That's what I see on mine at least.
AE5100
AT3032  --> MixPre-3ii
M-88TG

Offline Jammin72

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 01:56:49 PM »
Yeah the button has two positions just play with it a sec and you'll get it back in the right "rotation" so to speak.
Yes, but what do you HEAR?

Offline phr

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 06:52:42 AM »
Aha!  Worked great, thanks.

Offline tfs8271

• Needs to get out more...
  • Hand polished by Chris Lindsey
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 09:22:24 AM »
PMD660 CF door problem.

Jammin72 had the right solution. Mine the door just snaps in place. The only time I had a problem was when someone else was shutting it off during a set break. They thought the button was the on/off.
A six pack a day, that's all we ask.

Neumann skm140>ACM Oade PMD660
or Oade Mod R4

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.235 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com