Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JB3 recording help  (Read 1557 times)

Offline blackdiesel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
JB3 recording help
« on: April 07, 2007, 02:04:33 PM »
I've read the FAQs, but seem to have trouble recording from the unit.  I set it up for recording, but when I press the rec (play) button, nothing happens.  According to the faqs, I should get a "Preparing Recording" prompt.  Nothing happening, but the light on screen lights up. Any help will be greatly appreciated. :(

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: JB3 recording help
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 04:45:09 PM »
We need to know more.  For starters:

• What other gear are you using, exactly, and how is it hooked up?
  • Are you running mic-in or line-in or optical-in?
  • Please detail the specific steps (on-screen in the menu, buttons, etc.) you follow to initiate the recording
  • What source are you trying to record (LOUD stereo, someone talking, etc.)?
  • After you try to record, are there any new files on the JB3 that were not there previously?
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline blackdiesel

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 06:57:50 PM »
I recently got the unit and I am a complete noob. I'm trying to test it before recording a show. I plan to record loud rock and funk shows if I can get it to work properly.

I'm using a Church preamp (St-120B) and Church mics.  I've got the mic plugged into the input on the preamp and from the output on the preamp, I go to the Line In on the JB3. ( I tried reversing this hook-up sequence also).

I set it to record by menu> record audio> monitor recording.  I press the rec (play) button but nothing happens. 

In the record settings, I have "line in" selected as recording source, syncho set to "off" and continuous set to "on" and "wave 44" as the recording file type).

*** I should note that there is a signal coming in because the vu meters are reacting to sounds while in "monitor recording", but nothing happens when I hit the record button.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 07:55:44 PM by blackdiesel »

Offline blackdiesel

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 11:45:17 PM »
Never mind, I figured it out.  I wasn't pressing the record button long enough. The tests are going good, soon I'll be ready to record concerts.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com